Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Veterans Medical Care And Medicare Part A
    In your opinion, is VA Medical Care and Medicare Part A sufficient insurance.

My relative usually go to the VA facilities for treatment.\

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2014, 07:50 AM
    Having VA Medical Care and Medicare Savings Program
    With VA Medical Care, it is free accept for the prescriptions. With Medicare Saving Program that help the low-income pay for Medicare premiums and may even help pay the 20% as well from what I understand (correct me if I am wrong). If a person because of income qualify for the Medicare Savings Program, do you know since VA Medical Care and Medicare are both Federal funded programs, whether they would let a person have both programs free?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 6, 2014, 07:59 AM
    The low income addition to Medicare is Medicaid, a welfare program administered by your state. Each state is different.
    I think you will be able to have both VA benefits and Medicaid, but you will have to use whatever the VA offers first.
    The part that covers the cost of the Medicare premium is called QMB, and that is also done by state.
    'The 20%' you mention probably isn't what you think. That's regular Medicare doctor and hospital, and has nothing to do with prescriptions. Those are usually a co-pay, just like the VA, and you may find that the VA is about as cheap as you can find.

Your best bet is to go see the nearest state welfare office in person. Bring ALL documentation with you. The application is several pages long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Veterans Medical Care And Medicare Part B [ 1 Answers ]

In your opinion, is having VA Medical Care and Medicare Part B sufficient insurance. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Social Security and Medicare tax refund : part L-1/part F-1 visa? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Tax experts, I have a specific question regarding social security and medicare tax refund. Tax Year: 2008 Visa Status/days of presence in US: L-1-work (45 days), F-1 student (5 months) Substantial Presence Test: Failed (45 days: more than 31 days but less than 183 days - F-1 student...

Can someone who has medicare taxes paid in full obtain medicare part A ONLY ? [ 0 Answers ]

Can someone who has paid their medicare taxes in full obtain medicare part A only and does not want part B? Not elegible for Social Security benefits.

Obama stepping into deep doodoo to tax veterans for health care [ 18 Answers ]

Get the tea parties ready for new Obama tax: "It was stated then that The American Legion believes that the reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate that VA treat service-connected injuries and disabilities given that the United States government sends members of the armed forces...

BILLS! Medicare B vs. Veterans Affairs [ 6 Answers ]

Should my dad continue to pay $280+/month for Medicare B, when he is now covered and only sees doctors at the Veterans Affairs hospital. All he has to pay the VA is $8 co-pays for prescriptions and like $50 for other stuff. Medicare B only covers doctors visits and equipment from non government...

View more questions Search