Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csigsrfan Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2014, 01:23 AM
    Should I throw printer away
    Have an HP deskjet printer that has not been used in at least eight years(lost cd, reformated my computer, had dail up could not get the software to download right) I now have Windows 7 and have had it connect to one of the computers to see if it would connect. It did. What I was wondering is it OK to use it after 8 years without ink in it or should I recycle the printer?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 02:39 AM
    Since getting the printer driver is free from HP it's certainly worth a try. You'll likely need fresh ink as well. Just make sure the printer has software for Windows 7.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 05:55 AM
    How exactly would you use a printer without ink? (unless its one of those multi-function units) But as was mentioned. you WILL need a fresh ink cartridge. If it works and the O/S will support it. why not use it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2014, 09:14 AM
    As long as there are drivers for your current OS and you put in fresh ink cartridges it should be OK to use.
    csigsrfan Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2014, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    How exactly would you use a printer without ink? (unless its one of those multi-function units) But as was mentioned. you WILL need a fresh ink cartridge. If it works and the O/S will support it. why not use it.
    I kbniow I will need ink I( just said it had s\et for 8 with ink in it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get Epson R280 printer to print black only even though it is a color printer? [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering why I cannot get my Epson R280 to print black only, as all my colors are empty?

When I use word and printer out my dell 992 AIO printer says communication not availi [ 1 Answers ]

When I use word and printer out my dell 992 AIO printer says communication not available I got a virus and rebooted everything because I couldn't get on at all so then after that I downloaded software and all the drives from dell.com and now whenever I try to print it says communication not...

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Adobe PDF Printer disappears off printer group [ 2 Answers ]

I have been using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6 for several years (have 2003 version) and all of a sudden when I attempt to convert a Publisher Document to a PDF document using the 'printer' the Adobe PDF Printer and/oris missing from list of available printers. I have removed the Adobe Acrobat...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

View more questions Search