Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justin Toyota Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Toyota pick up cable?
    I have a 1992 toyota with a V6, automatic trans. This truck will not change gears. Its stays in first gear no matter how high my RPMS get. There is a cable that goes from the trans. To somewhere?. I was told it was a detent cable and it goes on the throttle body, however it does not go to the throttle body only the accelerator cable goes to the throttle body. If anyone out there has any idea. PLEASE!! HELP ME OUT... thanks..
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2007, 07:58 PM
    There is 2 cables. One loops around in a U shape across the intake plenum, and the detent comes up from the pass side, across the intake to the throttle body.
    The detent is a smaller cable, and you should be able to pull it and it will spring back.
    If you can't find it, then some one left it off and tucked it somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to pick the right dog(s) [ 16 Answers ]

A week ago a friend of mine told me he's giving me one of the 12 pups his Doberman gave birth to. The father is a Rottie , so immedietly I was enthused since I've had an empty kennel ready for a dog about 6 months ago. The pup was 5 weeks old when I got him and I took care or him , fed him , played...

Husband or Old Flame, who to pick? [ 4 Answers ]

16 years ago I met the most amazing person while working at my first job. We had a lot in common then and still do today. Back then I was dating someone and when we broke up the first time, Shane and I dated for some time. We truly enjoyed being around each other and there was a connection...

Who Do I Pick [ 11 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone of you watch Greys Anotomy but how Maridith had to pick between the vet or Doctor well I have a same thing I'm not that old in middle school bu my way ia why go out with someone if you can't see yourself with them forever anyway... :confused: so about my problem person lets...

Dodge pick up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 pick up 5.9 litre . My tachometer has stopped working. Any suggestions on where to begin trouble shooting?

View more questions Search