Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b91511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 06:03 PM
    Fair treatment at work?
    Ive been working at a company for almost 8 years now. There are some changes going on currently as far as management trying to move people around and make things better. I was offered a supervisory position last week. They shook my hand, told me I was the right man for the job and it was mine. We discussed new responsibilities and changes and I was promised quite a pay bump. Everything seemed good, they are more than impressed with me. But a certain coworker who doesn't care for me heard the news and told management he would quit if I was put in charge. Management withdrew their offer to me because they don't want to lose anyone. They didn't offer anyone else the job yet, its just not me because he will quit if its me. And now I am, needless to say, mad. This doesn't seem right. Any advice??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2014, 08:06 PM
    I'd sit down and talk to management about how I felt, that you were looking forwards to this promotion and how YOU are now upset it was withdrawn, also for the reasons it was withdrawn and ask that they reconsider.

Do this in a calm manner.

If they aren't smart enough to see who the bigger person was between the two of you... then maybe its time to start circulating resumes. But don't announce that in case you don't actually find anything better.

Anouncing your intentions if they don't reconsider can seriously backfire on you depending on too many unknowns. So don't do that. Play it calm, cool and in a VERY mature manner... and let them wonder what you might do if they don't.

WHat you don't say could make a more powerful statement than what you actually do say. And it is less likely to bite you in the butt.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 11:39 PM
    I would also consider looking for another position with another company. This shows that they will not support managers or supervisors and at a threat of someone to quit will change policy.

It is not moral or ethnical, but it is completely legal if you did not sign a contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with Fair and White Gel Cream Strong Bleaching Treatment [ 0 Answers ]

I've been using the Fair and White Gel Crème for about 4 days now on my underarm. And I although I don't expect to have results this soon after using, I didn't expect my underarm to be darker! MUCH much darker! I exfoliate every morning and night before I use the product. Has this happened to...

Fair and White powder C treatment? [ 3 Answers ]

Guys... Has anyone of you used this Fair and White Exclusive Powder C treatment before? What results did you get? Please share...

Does Fair & White Work? [ 33 Answers ]

Hey everone:) I am interested in the Fair and White range. Does this product contain Mercury, Steroids or Hydroquinone:eek:? Because the site doesn't list any of the products ingridients. If u used this range for overall skin lightening or any other reason, pleez tel me hw your experience was...

Fair Flawless, Does it Work? [ 19 Answers ]

I have been reading through many forums and review centers about this brand and I have been eyeing their products for years. I have one problem with that I can't find a single review with pictures. I'm looking for responses from people who have USED FnF, not things that they've heard about it. So...

Fair treatment at work [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is necessary for a back to work interview if your off work with a painful migraine now and then when the work knew you suffered with them at the time of taking you on in their employment.

View more questions Search