Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barnrat1113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 02:58 PM
    Electronic ignitor stays lit all the time on Goodman GMP075-4
    My electronic ignitor stays on all the time on my Goodman GMP075-4. Even when the a/c is running the ignitor glows hot. As long as there is power to the unit it stays on. Before I change the circuit board could it be anything else?
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Nov 3, 2014, 03:54 PM
    Sounds like the board is bad. Does it go off when there is flames?
    Barnrat1113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 08:14 PM
    It won't even fire up. The a/c works fine. But nothing happens when the thermostat calls for heat. Except the electronic ignitor glowing all the time.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Nov 4, 2014, 10:04 AM
    If the combustion blower and the furnace blower are not running, then the hot surface ignitor relay is stuck. Tap the relays on the board and see what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electronic blower time delay relay,/ goodman manufacturing/troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Goodman ARUD blower unit, 7kw heat kit, fuse on the ele. Blower time relay keeps blowing, do I need a new board? Thanks,, wes

Goodman GMP075-3 gas funace repeated ignitor failure [ 2 Answers ]

Changed !st ignitor in 07 replaced it with a rheem replacement part. Ignitor has failed again. Have had 2 more burn up 3 to 4 seconds after turning red. What should amperage be for ignitor on startup

Goodman GMP075 [ 1 Answers ]

the furnace is tripping on high limit , not rollout. It will initiate a call for heat. The flue fan will run the air switch will make and the ignitor will glow. The MV comes on and the furnace lights. It continues to run for appr. 2 minutes and the high limit will open. It is not a variable high...

How to change the electronic ignitor on a gas furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker series 100, gas furnace. I want to change the ignitor. Where can I find step by step instructions? Thanks, DlSnyder

View more questions Search