Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 05:49 AM
    Reasonable offer to an investor for an app's development
    Hi all,
    I have a mobile app idea and I have a company in mind that will develop the app, but the problem is that I can't afford the development cost for the app's development, so I think I'll need the help of an investor.
    When approaching an investor to fund the app's development, what's a reasonable offer to make to investor for investing in the app's development. Eg, 60%, 75% etc of the app's revenue will be for the investor.

Also, to show my how serious I am to the potential investor, what will be my first approach to making sure our agreements/contracts is legally binding

Thanks and I'll be glad someone can give me some tips on this issues.

Ugo

Nov 3, 2014, 05:55 AM
    Non Discolosure Agreement coverage for app ideas
    I have three mobile app ideas concepts that I designed and want an development company to look it and give a cost breakdown for the apps development, but I want the company to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement(NDA) with me first before I can show them the idea concepts for the cost breakdown.

I wonder if signing one NDA agreement covers me for all my three ideas submitted to them or do I have to sign one for each idea's coverage.

Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 06:14 AM
    ... what will be my first approach to making sure our agreements/contracts is legally binding [?] ...
    Run them by an attorney, of course.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 07:26 AM
    An attoreny show does patient law, may be good, along wth contract law.
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Patent attorneys are few and far between. And OP probably doesn't really need the app patented. But a regular attorney would be far better than no attorney, in this instance.

Nov 3, 2014, 07:56 PM
    Thanks all for your answers. Can someone give me a cost estimate of drawing a legal contract with an investor for an app development in the state of Georgia or is the cost same for all states in the US.
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chochocho View Post
    Thanks all for your answers. Can someone give me a cost estimate of drawing a legal contract with an investor for an app development in the state of Georgia or is the cost same for all states in the US.
    You should ask an attorney how much it will cost. They will probably answer that it depends upon how complex the work turns out to be. And yes, I believe such legal fees would be substantially the same anywhere in the US. It depends on what any particular attorney wants to charge.

Nov 10, 2014, 05:24 AM
    @Ak lawyer I really appreciate all your help
    Expert

Nov 10, 2014, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chochocho View Post
    @Ak lawyer I really appreciate all your help
    You are quite welcome. Good luck with your ap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Problem raising funds through VCs for app development [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an artist that did a concept design for one of my mobile app ideas, and I've met a company/developer that can develop the app for a certain price quote, which I just can't afford now. Due to my lack of the funds, I've reached out to about forty venture capitalists(VCs) through the LinkedIn...

View more questions Search