Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daylover1313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2014, 05:05 PM
    Afraid of the moon!!
    Hey I am a grown woman and every time I see the moon or it's a full moon or worse yet red moon I fear that there is no next day? Why is that? Is there a way for me to cure it? I try to tell my parents and now my boyfriend also... but it don't seem to help... I fell like this is not normal...
    I try go to a psychiatrist or shrink... but money is a problem to... so... erhhh what to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 12:04 AM
    The issue of fear, is how it is affecting you. Are you missing work, locking yourself in the house. Refusing to go out at night?

In the United States, most areas will have income based counseling available.
    moosie822 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Systematic desensitization might work. It is facing the fear in baby steps. First you might just look at a picture of the moon. Then maybe look at a video. Then look at it through a window. Then maybe stand outside for a minute or two. Most of all, challenge the idea that you have that is false. I always get scared when driving, and I tell myself that I am a good driver, couldn't possibly go through the guardrail at my current speed, etc.
    Victoria Z Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2014, 10:18 PM
    Consider being a guest on a talk show about your fear. It might sound sarcastic but it will be an all expense paid trip usually to New York or L.A and they will hook you up with top of the line therapists and useful advice . I've done it !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son is afraid of the moon [ 7 Answers ]

My son is afraid of the moon. If by any chance he sees the moon he would rush to the bedroom and cover himself with blanktes and start sweating.

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

View more questions Search