Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ian Rowlings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2014, 07:27 AM
    Help to ID these creatures
    Hi
    I've attached a number of photos. The title identifies where each was taken.
    It's so frustrating when you see something unusual but have no idea what it is.
    Can anyone help identify these?
    Thanks
    Ian
    Attached Images

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 1, 2014, 07:54 AM
    I don't see any titles?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 1, 2014, 12:38 PM
    Without the labels showing what part of the world these pics are from, it will take a great deal of research to find exact matches. The tarantula appears to be a cobalt blue from southern Asia, the longer legged spider is obviously a huntsman spider of some species, the spiny caterpillar appears to be a giant silkworm moth caterpillar, the white caterpillar might be an awl skipper, and the camouflaged insect appears to be a cricket.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 2, 2014, 09:29 AM
    I think Cats is fairly on with everything except that I don't believe the tarantula is a Cobalt Blue. The legs just don't seem to be stocky enough to be a Haplopelma (unless maybe it is sickly) and the color is too dark to fit a Haplopelma lividum (Cobalt Blue) specifically. The female is a brighter blue while the male is more of a grey color. Though from what I can see of the carapace in the picture, it definitely could be a form of Haplopelma...it could also be an Aphonopelma reversum (California Tarantula)...really, there are many different tarantulas that it could be without knowing where it is from or without better pictures with which to identify it.

As was said...to give you what you are looking for, we would really need more information on where these pictures are from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Name this film about burrowing creatures [ 3 Answers ]

I've been rattling my brain for about a year to remember this film... What is the name of the film with the underground digger creature and the crystal? It's a lot like a non fantasy world dark crystal think it's set in New York.. but not dark crystal or labyrinth before anyone answers as that.....

An early 80s movie on another planet with good creatures against evil creatures [ 1 Answers ]

The good creatures or aliens had long white hair covering their bodies.the evil creatures or aliens were dark and seemed to have bird like features in their face. Yhere was a seem where the evil ones where feasting at a big long table in their castle. I think they were eating small animals that...

Need a name for these creatures. [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing an adult fiction about half human-half cat beings. As well as other mythical beings. I need a scienticif name for them. Something that means it, not just a name that sounds cool. Thanks!! Any other tips are welcome! :rolleyes:

Sea creatures [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between dolphins and porpoises?

Ok: dinosaurs and creatures (90's) [ 2 Answers ]

Ok first movie I can't remember: A boy has all these toy dinosaurs and then somehow they come alive? I just remember his house being really nice and the dinosaurs like playing with his remote control car. Ehh? Second: Ok so little creatures that were really cute, in like a pet store? And the...

View more questions Search