Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwawro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2005, 08:50 AM
    Veggie recipes
    I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5 ingredients, since I find myself more inclined to make them if they are simple. Thanks!
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 27, 2005, 10:34 AM
    Veggies rule
    Do an internet search on "vegetable recipies" and you will get many sites specializing in them If there are specific vegetables you like you can be more specific. e.g. "corn recipies" Either way you can browse and select recipies that call for ingredients you have on hand.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2005, 12:59 AM
    Are you posting under more than one name on this site? Seems like I just read the term 'vegaphobe' in another post last week. If not then excuse the inquiry but that question has been answered already about recipes in another post.
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Apr 6, 2005, 12:39 AM
    Vegetables
    Hi

I don't eat much meat and therefore eat lots of vegetable dishes, and have made up some nice ones:

Vegetable pie:
    Boil and mash some potatoes like usual, and at the same time cut up capsicum, carrot, onion and whatever other veggies you like, then put them in a pot and cook until they soften. In a pie dish line with pastry, then put in the veggies and the mashed potato on top. Bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes or until the potato looks like it's getting crispy.

Another variation is to wrap up lots of cooked veggies in sheets of filo pastry (the really thin pastry that you add layer by layer) and put it in the oven for a vegetable strudle.
    Patrincia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2005, 10:07 PM
    Here is one my 4 children request... it's good hot, room temp, and even cold:

16oz fresh or frozen green beans, steamed to crisp-tender
    16oz mushrooms, sliced (or if your family is like mine, double this amount)
    4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
    4-5 T. good extra virgin olive oil (it makes the dish)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cook beans and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking; set aside. In a large frying pan, over med heat, sauté olive oil and garlic for a minute until you can smell the garlic (don't burn the garlic). Add the sliced mushrooms and sprinkle with salt. Sautee for several minutes until mushrooms are smaller in size, darker, and taste delicious (add more olive oil if needed). Stir in reserved green beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste... Fabulous!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids recipes for the microwave [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find recipes for kids to use in the microwave. Maybe for the ages around ten. I would love it if anyone could tell me a recipe or tell me a site where i can find some. Thanks for the help. :D

Juicer recipes [ 8 Answers ]

Anyone have any good juicer recipes? My parents just bought me a Breville Juice Fountain and I'd like to try it out, but I don't want to make anything gross! Thanks! :D

Anyone know any cute/fun Recipes for Kids [ 2 Answers ]

:) :) Hey all I was wondering if you know any fun Recipes for Kids,, (Websites will work too) Thanks

Looking for cabbage recipes. [ 6 Answers ]

It's fall and we have an abundance of cabbage, but not a surplus of recipes. Would appreciate any family favorites that you might have. Especially from ancestors. We already make stuffed cabbage and pierogies. Anyone have something special that they would care to share? Thanks. Dave.

View more questions Search