Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laiba Asim Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2014, 04:55 AM
    Interesting sports but without violence
    Is there any other way through which we can keep sports interesting but at the same time cut on violence?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2014, 05:38 AM
    Change society where people do not like violence.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2014, 05:45 AM
    I play many sports that do not have any violence at all: cycling, tennis, etc.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2014, 06:33 AM
    I and many people think that even aggressive or so called violent sports actually can cut down on violence. We are supposed to be able to control our instincts and hormones, but we aren't really too far removed from our ancestors, and the main aggression hormone, testosterone (mostly in men but women have some too), is still coursing through our bodies, ready to confront the other animal who wants us for lunch.

What we need to cut down on is the hype surrounding confrontational sports. There's nothing wrong with a contest, or with winning. But don't glorify it for anything other than skill and athleticism. And if the sport isn't athletic, such as all the nerd contests for building robots or winning a computer game, the same applies, although much much less. Here's to all the athletic skill and here's to all the nerd skill!

(I'm female and old - but very aggressive when playing Scrabble. I play to WIN!)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 29, 2014, 06:53 AM
    Is this a personal question or a class assignment?

If it is for school, what are your thoughts and opinions?
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Oct 29, 2014, 11:12 PM
    Sure - golf, ping-pong, swimming, tennis, ice skating, bowling, oh, wait you said interesting... never mind on golf tennis and bowling... ice skating Tonya Harding made that violent, so I guess... nah, nm.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2014, 05:16 AM
    Competitive basket weaving?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something interesting [ 2 Answers ]

We all live in same existence but we are not alone there are other life forms in other dementions and I know the moust importan of them all there are total of 9 dimensions and we live in the 2 one we are not as advaced in tecnolegi as the 3 and 4 one they are so cald UFO thei are not so difrent...

Sports [ 1 Answers ]

What's a rbi

Looking 4 something interesting [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know about any good books I can't seem 2 find 1

More interesting than God [ 36 Answers ]

Every time I get involved in the debates that erupt here between the atheists and the theists, I end up feeling bemused by the fact that so much attention is focused on the question of whether "God" exists. It's been done to death. I'm more interested in the question of whether there exists a...

View more questions Search