Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwawro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2005, 08:44 AM
    Vegetables
    I've never liked most vegetables but as I learn more about the health consequences of a veggie-free lifestyle I'm determined to add more vegetables to my diet. I've found I like some vegetables raw rather than cooked, and I've been adding puréed veggies to soups and sauces. Does anyone have any other "tricks" for getting a vegephobe to eat more vegetables?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2005, 08:13 AM
    Veggies
    Hi,
    Yes, they are very good for you, and me.
    I don't have any tricks as yet, but do you like salads?
    If you do, the greener the salad leaves, the better it is for you.
    For example, plain old lettuce is somewhat light green, and other parts are just plain whitish color. The whitish color has absolutely no nutrients whatsoever.
    The dark green color contains nutrients; coming from chlorophyll from nature. Some of these are Romain, and GreenLeaf lettuce.
    It it's dark green, it's really good for the body.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2005, 10:05 PM
    There aren't any tricks to eating vegetables and fruits. Raw is better because cooking destroys some of the nutrients. Vegetables and fresh fruits protect you from a whole range of ailments from arthritis, cataracts, joint pains, high blood pressure (unless you consume a lot of trans fats which are a big no-no), skin rashes-the list is long but the bebefits far outweigh anything else your eating now. The darker the vegetable or fruit the bigger nutrient content they contain. Once you start your cravings for other things will die down until you'll no longer need the "foods" that are not very good for anyone. Take time to acquire a taste for the ones you like and introduce new ones as time goes by.
    Doug Crf Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2005, 10:09 AM
    About veggies
    Hi I am pretty much in the same delima.I do not like veggies that much either
    I do kind of like them but they seem like a lot of trouble.If you do not use them up soon they go bad soon.I have been trying to eat salad with dark green leafs with low cal dressing.I have been getting the prepackaged salads there pretty good.
    I was drinking a shot of WHEAT GRASS a day.I do not know if you have heard of that but it is suposta be really good for you they say that one two ounce shot WHEAT GRASS a day is like eating three pounds of veggies.
    Juice places like jamba juice have the wheat grass and it's about $2.50
    A shot at first it seem's a little gross but it really is not that bad even a lot of girls drink it and if you do it before for are going to to do something where you feel like you need a little kick in the butt to get going it feels like it helps a little.
    Some times when I quit taking the shots for a while and I start again the first one most of the time feels a little deffernt but nothing bad. :D
    Try it
    Doug

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vegetables [ 7 Answers ]

:o Does anyone have any suggestions of how to add more vegetables to your diet? Any good recipes? I need some good ideas for my family. Thanks.

Largest production of vegetables state in india [ 0 Answers ]

Which are the states and places are the largest producer of the following vegetables Potato Tapico Cucumber Pepper Onion Pumpkin Ladies finger Dal

View more questions Search