Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2014, 01:03 PM
    Poulan 260 pro chainsaw shuts down when it runs and gets wrmed up.
    I have a poulan pro 260 18" chainsaw. It is not used very much and has not been run in about a year. I got it out and tried to start it but no go. Took it to shop and had fuel lines replaced, primer bulb replaced, card cleaned and adj, and a new oil pump. It runs good but when I cut about 4 to 6 times with it it shuts down like it is out of fuel. After a while it cools down and it will start but will not run for very long. I've taken it to the shop 4 time with the same results. With out a load on it it will run great but like I said when it is used for afew minutes cutting firewood it will shut off like a vapor lock. Anyone have any ideas??
    Signed,
    Frustrated
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 28, 2014, 01:46 PM
    Is chain to tight? If automatic oiler is the oiler working? If not automatic oiler are you oiling the chain as per instruction manual?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2014, 05:50 PM
    Make sure the vent in the gas cap is clean and open.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 28, 2014, 06:26 PM
    My suspicion is shop error, take it back and ask them to recheck the fuel lines to see if they are reversed
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
    Sounds like it has a air leak on the intake.
    Check and make sure carb is bolted down tight ,then check isolator that carb bolts to.
    Remove top cover start saw and spray around the carb mounting with carb cleaner , if it picks up or dies there's a leak.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Mar 22, 2015, 03:23 PM
    Hi,
    Sounds like stiff diaphragms to me. Get a kit to replace them.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poulan pro [ 1 Answers ]

We have a poulan pro pb195h46yt riding mower. The blade clutch cable coating has melted and the cable gets red hot. It has melted into the top of the gas tank and the side of the engine cover. There is no electrical connection so I'm confused as to why it's happening...

Chainsaw carburator fuel line > Poulan 2375 [ 3 Answers ]

I am not sure were the fuel line go to the carburator Poulan 2375

Poulan Chainsaw, model # 2150 (2.1 c.I. ) primer bulb connection [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a new primer bulb for my Poulan Chainsaw, model # 2150 (2.1 c.I. ). The old one rotted away and I want to replace it and the fuel lines as well. I don`t know how to connect these lines to the carb, to the bulb and to the fuel tank. Please help !

Poulan pro chainsaw bulb primer [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a new primer bulb for my Poulan Pro Chainsaw because it rotted away. I need to replace the fuel lines too. I don`t know how the fuel lines be connected. Please help !

Poulan 3000 chainsaw Fuel Line Placement [ 0 Answers ]

Hello , I have a Poulan 3000 chainsaw , which needs the Fuel lines replaced , However , my son has pulled them off (they were brittle & fell appart) , but he's not sure How they were ran . Can you pleaaaaaase help .

View more questions Search