Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2010jordan1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2014, 02:25 AM
    Bleeding
    I have just noticed my 7 year old un -nutuered rotti has droplets of blood coming from his penis,been an hour trying to get hold of my vets any ideas please from a worried mum,many thanks.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Oct 26, 2014, 04:08 AM
    I am far from being an expert in doggy health, but I dealt with that exact situation the beginning of this year. His problem was an enlarged prostate. They recommended neutering, which was done. Unfortunately, rotties run a high risk of prostate problems, including cancer. Fixing drastically reduces the chance of serious problems, like cancer, but it can't do anything if a tumor has already formed, and there is no surgery for prostate cancer. He lasted a few more months, before the pain got too bad, and his last moments were full of love and treats and pets.

Take him to a vet as soon as possible, and be prepared to talk about treatment options. Just be aware that rotties are a naturally protective breed that can and will hide a remarkable amount of pain from their humans. Even if he seems fine around you, he might be snappy with strangers, especially a vet trying to examine his hind end or people and animals in the waiting room.

I'm not trying to scare you. I just want you to be aware of what a possible worst case scenario is. Maybe having time to process the possibility, and maybe do some research, will make it just a little bit easier to hear. And, if it's something else, then you'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief and know that whatever the diagnosis, it could've been worse. I really do hope he's OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I keep bleeding? I'm on the pill called Camila and I keep bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old and I'm on the pill Camila and have been on it now for 3 months, first I was on the IUD called the paragaurd. Now, my concern is that I keep bleeding, it stops for 2 days and I keep getting it back, even when I have sex. Should I be concerned? This doesn't hurt me in anyway and I...

Why am I still bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have an issue and I'm just trying to find an answer. For the past, I'd say two years, I've had really odd periods. They would last three days, and I would hardly bleed. Well, about six months ago I started having pelvic pains, and spotting between periods.. but only when I wipe. About five...

Bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I am 18 years old I had sex with my boy friend for the first time on 24th may,and I took an unwanted 72 tablet,then again the next day we had sex and agai I took one unwanted 72 .today on 1st June again whilre having sex we noticed blood on his condom.now it is bleeding still since last 8...

Light bleeding. Implation Bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a couple of serious questions. Okay I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend fooled around on Nov.14.2008 and we used no protection, and not to mention he let his sperm go inside me. I was due to start my period Nov.18.2008 but its late I never started but my periods are VERY regular. Now just...

View more questions Search