Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 24, 2014, 10:36 AM
    Diabetic Question
    Easy one what is the one thing that is more harmful to Diabetics: Sodium or Carbs.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 12:19 PM
    If it is so easy, you tell us.

Oct 24, 2014, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If it is so easy, you tell us.
    Sorry, that was supposed to be a question? Me bad got distracted.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2014, 02:03 PM
    Carbs will have an impact on glucose level. It can be pretty individual, as to the total amount, as well as what source. Figuring out what works best for the individual is important to avoid highs and lows. Sodium is more a concern for blood pressure and heart disease, which diabetes can have an effect on, so it's just a healthy decision to keep an eye on sodium intake. It's not a issue with glucose level as it is for blood pressure and heart disease.

Oct 24, 2014, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Carbs will have an impact on glucose level. It can be pretty individual, as to the total amount, as well as what source. Figuring out what works best for the individual is important to avoid highs and lows. Sodium is more a concern for blood pressure and heart disease, which diabetes can have an effect on, so it's just a healthy decision to keep an eye on sodium intake. It's not a issue with glucose level as it is for blood pressure and heart disease.
    Thanks, very helpful.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 07:44 PM
    ;I am a diabetic, I eat a low carb diet because carbs make sugar,;Catonsville.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a type 1 diabetic dog who became diabetic due to steroids and needs to gain [ 1 Answers ]

Since being a type 1 diabetic she went from 15 pounds to 13 pounds. She is a mix breed of a Silky Terrier and a Yorkie. Her ideal weight is 14 1/2 pounds and need to gain weight. She delveloped type 1 diabetes due to steroids for a skin condition and not due to obesity. We have her on W/D, which...

Could I be diabetic? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had glucose readings of 295, 290, 219, and 165 in the last month. My mom has checked these readings on her meter. She wants me to see a doctor but when you are a paid intern with no benefits its hard. Do you think I will be okay until I can afford to visit a doctor? Lately I have had blurry...

Diabetic cooking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I am a diabetic and am trying to cook healthy meals. Does anyone have any recipies for good vegetable dishes. I am trying not to use starchy vegetables. My Doctor said vegetables were free for me to eat so I can have more of them if they are not the starchy kind! Yumm...

Diabetic diet [ 1 Answers ]

My Aunt is a big, beautiful, mature woman who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She is having a problem understanding how to convert carbs to grams. Her dietician is a wonderful person, but doesn't realize that she is 70 years old and may not catch on as quickly as a younger...

View more questions Search