Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronlee67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2014, 10:27 PM
    Wonder if I need something more affective
    Ear infection six weeks ago. Treated with Amoxicillin. Infection cleared up but left me with the clogged ear feeling in both ears. Saw doctor last week. No wax. Doctor thinks eustachion tubes may be inflammed. Illustrated pathway of eustachion tubes from throat near nose to ear area. I had also noticed some sensitvity above the gum line above tooth roots... would press finger on face to side of nose and feel pInful pressure all along the area above the teeth. This matched exactly the area the doctor showed where the eustachion tube runs.

Doctor prescribed Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray. Been taking a week now and no improvement in hearing and pain above gums slightly less. I do not sense any ear pressure due to clogged eustachion tubes and yawning seems to open passageway without any loud popping or sense of pressure relief.

I'm guessing the inflammation has reached the inner ear area and is causing the muffled sound and it will take some time for it to clear up. I have also been taking some OTC allergy medicine (Wal-Fex from Walgreens which doesn't raise blood pressure) and wonder if I need something more affective as I really believeall these problems are allergy related.

Check out some similar questions!

Any advice on a cost affective upgrade? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the lehigh valley and have a summer winter hook up. I would like to improve my hot water supply and costs. Any advice on a cost affective upgrade? Unfortunately I do not have gas or a gas line available on my property. Thanks in advance for any info. Jonny

Diagnosed affective schizo disorder [ 3 Answers ]

I had trouble a few years ago with an employer, sued, got put into the hospital by family I think and was diagnosed with the above. Single, no kids, age 45, grew up in a large family, and wanted one myself. Very upset someone couldn't take me aside and do what was needed so that I could get...

Seasonal Affective Disorder [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, :) I have been getting the feeling that I'm starting to feel that I have got Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D:confused: )! Is there anybody else on this site that suffers from this or has family, friends or so on that could give me some in light into this so I feel like I'm not going...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.