Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kare817 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2014, 08:59 AM
    Can my ex-spouse call and ask how much I pay for insurance either single or familY?
    My ex-spouse called my place of employment and inquired about how much I pay for single and wanted to know the cost of family is my ex-spouse allowed to do that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2014, 09:47 AM
    Why wouldn't she be allowed to do that? She could probably get a court to order you to provide the info since it probably pertains to support issues. The better question to ask is whether your employer is allowed to give out the information.

There is no law preventing her from calling and asking for the information. I'm not sure if there is even a law preventing them from giving it out, but few employers would just give out such information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 04:23 PM
    Unless they are a dependent on your insurance, I am sure your place of work will not give it out. There is no law that says he can not ask.

If this is dealing with support payments, or dealing with child support payments for medical care, then he may have a legal right to know, and can find out, though a court order also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Montana (MT) is a spouse required to pay their spouse's child support? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Montana and my boyfriend has a six year old son. He is part of his life and we see him every chance we get (difficult because he lives on the other side of the state). I just got a job and I want to add my boyfriend to my insurance. To do this we have to claim financial interdependency....

HELP single mom lost job and need to convert a duplex to a single family home. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a little boro in pa own a duplex home have been renting upstairs for 5yrs when tenant moved out boro came in like storm troopers and gave me a dead sea scroll of impossible,ex.painting all decks and wood work out side in the winter.when tenants don't have use of yard.any way I had already...

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

Single family to 2 family electrical service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, first time posting to this site. I am changing an existing 200 amp service to a 2 meter service. Presently, the home added an apartment above the garage with its own 100 amp panel. The panel is served by a 100 amp breaker in the main panel. The homeowner wants to separately meter the...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search