Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harbourwoods Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2005, 05:43 AM
    Home Page different on IE & Firefox
    I have noticed my Yahoo home page is different in Firefox & IE.

What would the reason be for this? How do you change these pages to look the same?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2005, 08:29 AM
    Home Page
    Hi,
    I have never used Firefox, so am not familiar with it.
    But, there is a good chance that you have not deleted cookies, URL's, history, etc, in some time. If that's the case, your computer might still be using an older "home page" version of Yahoo. It changed recently from a Beta trial to using it full time.
    You might want to clear cookies, etc, from both IE and Firefox to see if it will then give you the same Yahoo main page.
    If you are interested in a great, free, software that will clean out all this stuff, also clears other junk files on the hard drive, you can get it at:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

This CCleaner also has the option to keep websites you visit frequently, so as to return faster to them.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    harbourwoods Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2005, 09:10 AM
    I found the solution, one is .ca and the other .com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firefox: Saving a web page to my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes when I save as a webpage to my computer, then the page saves as one .html file. Other times it saves as the .html file but also with a folder with other files. Why is this? Can I force it to save as just one file without the extra folder? Thanks!

Page distorted when viewing in Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

The page: www.stgabrielradio.com In IE it's fine, but in FF the graphic at the bottom of the page has a tweak on it - at the left. How do I fix it? ... and how do I avoid things like this in the future? Thanks!

Home Page Diverted in Firefox [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever I start up Firefox, my home page (a local file) comes up for a second and then is diverted to something like: http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1069001133/?random=11... This is a blank screen. This is a new problem, and does not occur with Internet Explorer. If I...

Reload page in Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

OK, a bit trivial... but I'm curious. I understand that hitting the Reload button compares the page with the server and if the same, shows you the cached version... Sometimes I see my flag not waving. I hit reload and it still doesn't wave... but if I hit Shift>Reload then it reloads and is...

Blocking a web page - Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

I want to simply block a webpage. I'm using Firefox. This may be simple, but I could use a little help. Thanks.

View more questions Search