Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greyfeathers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2014, 10:27 AM
    Paging file for HP 17 Intel i7-263
    Computer freezes up and overheats while online gaming. I've cleaned out any dust (was hardly any), and I've put the computer on blocks with "freezer Blocks) under to try and resolve the overheating issue. I cannot for the life of me remember the formula for setting paging file and way too lazy to look it up.

Best setting for paging file in HP 17 Notebook PC, Intel(R) Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00Hz 2.00 GHz 8.00 GB Ram, 64-bit OS
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 22, 2014, 12:12 PM
    Honestly, Windows 7 system managed is more that capable.
    Gone are the days of setting this for yourself.

When was the last time you had a complete rebuild ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How large should my paging file size be for movie maker 2.6 [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is presently set at 24576 mb.

How could my EtG be 263.2 when I have not had anything to drink [ 0 Answers ]

I had a EtG swab test come back positive. I have not drank ing over 4 months. How can I have a reading of 263.2? Is this a high reading or a low reading?

5'10 and 263 pounds, best weight loss advice, and diet tips [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 5'10 and 263 pounds, I have broad shoulders and a big natural frame, what should I look for as my ideal weight? Down from 305 in jan. I am at a platue and can't lose anymore weight, what can I do to boost my weight loss, and ay fast fat burning ideas? Trying to get into the marines

How to make paging number in two types in one word file? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 198 pages word file. I have to make page numbering in 20 first pages in I,ii,iii and the rest in 1,2,3, But the problem is that when I try to do so, it changes from page 21! Surprisingly. I don`t know what`s the reason.

How important is the paging file that windows uses as RAM [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I would like to ask why is it important that windows uses a part of the hard disk memory as an additional RAM? I want to free up some space and I'm not sure if it is a good solution or not to modify the Page file. I also looked up in "dxdiag" and it says that I have a total paging...

View more questions Search