Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2014, 05:37 AM
    My healthevet handbook
    I went to the va for a check up , etc, he told me I should sign up for the
    My healthevet... its a on line thing where I can, and all the hospitals, etc can access l my health stuff,question is, should I do that , for my own good or not?. tks Richard
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2014, 05:51 AM
    Whether you sign up to access your medical records is up to you. It is now mandatory for all hospitals in the US to use electronic medical records. Your doctors will be able to access your health information whethgt you sign up or not.

You see, "signing up" is for your benefit only.
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2014, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Whether you sign up to access your medical records is up to you. It is now mandatory for all hospitals in the US to use electronic medical records. Your doctors will be able to access your health information whethgt you sign up or not.

You see, "signing up" is for your benefit only.
    That makes sense, I figured they all ready have access anyway, tks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2014, 06:01 AM
    Yes, they do. This in only so you can view your medical record, including all test results. In this way you can print out the records and results if you go to a doctor who is not affiliated with the VA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I sign up for th, my healthevet handbook [ 0 Answers ]

vietnan vet, 67, went the the va dr, for stuff, he said I should sign up for the on line services, from the My healrhevet handbook Do anyone have any info on this, wonder if its safe or if I will be telling too much or hey will be receiving too much, tc,, thanks

Company taking away vacation hours before changing handbook [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, At work I was given 5 weeks of vacation and the option to carry over 80 hrs to new year if not used previous year, per employee hand book. As of 1-1-09 a letter came stating that they are reducing the number of weeks to 3 which will include vacation,sick time and personal days. ALso...

Importance of CICA handbook in relation to accounting concepts [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help me.. I need it before Friday.I am so stressed out.. Thank you

Intermidiate Accounting CICA handbook [ 1 Answers ]

This is the question please someone help me:) The CICA Handbook is the primary source of GAAP in Canada. It is, however, insufficient to address all of the accounting issues facing accountants. Explain why this is so and outline some other sources of GAAP accountants use?

View more questions Search