Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmacdon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
    Can you put a piano on suspended flooring?
    I have suspended flooring and currently have a keyboard but want a piano. Can you put a piano on suspended flooring or is it too heavy?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 18, 2014, 09:21 AM
    Can you explain your 'suspended' floor in more detail?
    Depending on where you live and whether residential or commercial, there are code requirements for load per square foot.
    You can distribute load under something very heavy, especially one with legs, simply by putting lumber under it that covers the area under all the legs. A full sheet of plywood might be enough.
    You can also add support posts below the floor, and connect them also with spans of lumber across the joists that are under the piano.
    This isn't just about how your floor was constructed. It's also about condition, including all along the joists to the beams, and any support posts already there, etc.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 18, 2014, 12:27 PM
    What kind of piano are you planning on adding to your floor; a baby grand; a grand; a player piano. All weigh different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ivory piano keys 1906 piano [ 1 Answers ]

1906 original Fisher piano.

I have a Clarendon Stand up wooden piano mfd by Haddorff Piano Co. [ 0 Answers ]

By the serial number it says it was made around 1910. I am looking to sell it, but no nothing about pianos. Could anyone help me and telling me about how much it would go for or how much it is worth? THANK YOU!

What is my piano worth piano experts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kawai piano made in 1977. It is an upright Kawai UST 6. It is in good shape other than a couple of dings on the legs. How much is this piano worth?

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

View more questions Search