Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 17, 2014, 06:26 PM
    How to Get Money Back On Tracfone?
    Purchased a Tracfone 4days ago. During those 4 days, I wind up with a new phone number not the number I wanted ported over. The Tech. at Walmart Also installed my 60 minute card which gave me 120 minutes. My ATT phone is still active and my Tracfone is not active The 60 minute card cost $20.00 that
    Is not refundable. Question is, can I take Walmart Manager to Small Claims Court?

I have been to Walmart 4 times. This is what happens when you have to deal with people who do not know the English
    Language. Or to be "politically correct", I must learn to speak a foreign language.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 06:42 PM
    You can sue anyone. Will you win? That's another story.

It sounds like you're out $20. It will cost more than $20 to file a claim in small claims court. After that, you have to prove your case and prove that the Walmart employee was negligible for the damages you've incurred (the $20 you're out). You'll have to take time off work to boot.

So the question is, can you prove negligence on the part of the Walmart employee, and is it worth it to file a claim for $20 when it will cost you a lot more in lost wages and filing to get that $20 back?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 06:54 PM
    I agree with Alty. I would also like to add that walmart has very deep pockets and a very experienced legal team.

How much was the phone?

Oct 17, 2014, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I agree with Alty. I would also like to add that walmart has very deep pockets and a very experienced legal team.

How much was the phone?
    I know you guys are right. Being retired makes it less of a problem. I have $60+ dollars invested in the phone and card. I could go for pain and suffering LOL. Gas money and wear and tear on vehicle etc. It is really wrong that Walmart sells a product that is not refundable even when it is not used and wrongfully installed by the employee.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2014, 07:21 PM
    It would be nice to think you could go for all that other stuff, but you can't.

It's not Walmart... there are a LOT of other places that sell that very same product too... even Home Depot. So odds are you'd be lucky if the court would even agree to hear it since your beef is really with Tracphone, not Walmart.
    Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 07:43 PM
    What is your pain? Where do you hurt? The wallet doesn't count. How are you suffering? Are you now homeless? No, pain and suffering won't work.

Gas money and wear and tear on the car? Is your closest walmart 600 miles away? Nope. That won't work either.

Try going to a different walmart and see if they can help you better.

Oct 17, 2014, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    What is your pain? Where do you hurt? The wallet doesn't count. How are you suffering? Are you now homeless? No, pain and suffering won't work.

Gas money and wear and tear on the car? Is your closest walmart 600 miles away? Nope. That won't work either.

Try going to a different walmart and see if they can help you better.
    I know, those things were said "with Tongue in Cheek".
    Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 08:01 PM
    Gotcha! ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    I know you guys are right. Being retired makes it less of a problem. I have $60+ dollars invested in the phone and card. I could go for pain and suffering LOL. Gas money and wear and tear on vehicle etc. It is really wrong that Walmart sells a product that is not refundable even when it is not used and wrongfully installed by the employee.
    I would try complaining to Walmart, go to the top and see what happens. But suing for the $20 you're out because of Walmart, is not a wise move.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 18, 2014, 02:10 AM
    Tracfone does have one call center with native English speakers. I think it's in Toronto. When I used their products it normally took a couple of tries to luck into the English call center, and that was usually about 10 - 11 a.m. Eastern time. They may be able to help fix the phone number but the card is likely history.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:05 AM
    Okay, bottom line, I got my money back all of it. Took 2 trips there today. Hey Cats, I wonder if they have a center in Quebec? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lent money on a promise. How can I get my money back? [ 2 Answers ]

I lent someone money on their promise to pay me back. They haven't paid me for 4 years. Is there anything I can do?

Tracfone Recommendation [ 0 Answers ]

I live in 44139 area code (Solon, Ohio) and have a Motorola V176 Tracfone and am looking for a recommendation for a new Tracfone for my area, either a LG800G, Samaung R455C or a Samsung T404G. Would appreciate any help I can get, since I am not cell phone literate, but have been happy with their...

Tracfone ask questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tracfone LG200C. I have tried to delete recorded message for voice mail and go to automated voice mail but I still get my voice saying my name. How do I delete my voice and go to total auto voice. Thank you very much in advance for your help. It is very appreciated. **** email address...

How to reprogram a blackberry to run on tracfone [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cheap tracfone. I was given a nice Blackberry. Can I program the Blackberry to use my tracfone number and minutes?

View more questions Search