Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jad1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Illegal Immigrant in Italy
    Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone out their that can help me?

I am 58 years old and my boyfriend is some 22 years old - please do not all go errrr! It does happen.

We have been together for 3 years in August, he loves me and I love him very much. We have been living in Italy, him illegally because he is Tunisian, we do not wish to come to the UK unless it is essential (I am a British Citizen and was born in Brum). We would like to live together legally and for him to be able to get a job, preferably in Italy, he is well educated and speaks seven languages. Is there a good immigration solicitors who would be prepared to help us.

Marriage would obviously be an option but does anyone know if it would be possible for us to marry in Italy without the police descending on my partner and arresting him for being in the country illegally. At the moment we are in renting an apartment in San Remo, although I am presently in the UK, working.

We do have some savings.

Please! Can someone gives us some advice. We have tried a few solicitors in San Remo but they do not seem to be interested. There is also talk of a new immigration law in Italy but this has been muted for some months now and nothing has happened.

Thanks so much for reading my plea.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Jad, because your boyfriend lives in Italy illegally, and you yourself are not an Italian national, what you are proposing will be very tough going, as I suspect you have already found out. The fact that the law firms you have contacted have turned you down, should give you a hint as to how problematic your situation is.

The best that I can do is to give you a link to law firms that handle immigration in Italy. Please scroll down the list:
    Immigration Law Firms - Italy Immigration Law

Although I know you would prefer to live in Italy and not the UK, you might have better luck if you try for UK citizenship for him first. I would imagine if you both go to Tunisia as a starting point, that would be the way to begin your uphill battle. Possibly marry in Tunisia, apply for visa for your boyfriend to UK, work on UK citizenship. Then you both can work on visas and/or citizenship in Italy. Please discuss all the possible options and scenarios to ensure the outcome you wish for, with the solicitors you contact. They will be able to advise you better than I. You may also wish to contact immigration solicitors in the UK for advice as well. You really need to arm yourself with as much information, regarding your situation as you possibly can.

The best of luck to you both! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requirements to marry an immigrant [ 5 Answers ]

I am wanting to marry an immigrant from Thailand. What requirements are there? I have heard that I must make so much money per year to be able to do that. Is that true? What paperwork is needed? Also, how easy is it for illegal immigrants to marry American citizens? Is anybody checking to see if an...

Marrying an Immigrant in California and Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I am on the verge of marrying a girl from Thailand and she has no money, and I have over a 100k in assets. If I marry her and do not have her sign a prenup then is she legally entitled to half my assets if we get divorced? I live in California and want to know what the rights our of the immigrant...

Divorcing an Immigrant in Callifornia [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfreind will be here soon from Thailand on a fiancé visa and she has no money and I have a good amount of money. My question is, if we do marry without a prenup and we get a divorce with in a couple of years, will I have to give her half? We are located in California by the way.

Italy [ 2 Answers ]

English speaking and in Italy here...

Hairdryers in Spain and Italy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'll be traveling from the US to Spain and Italy this summer. Anyone know if my US hairdryer will work there? If not, any suggestions to get one that will work ahead of time? Much thanks.

View more questions Search