Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edcomachine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2014, 11:19 PM
    Does tower radar keep daily msa/proximity logs of everything flying within 5 miles?
    I LIVE CLOSE TO a busy county airport with commercial passenger service, and I would like to access the airport's radar flight information for a noon flight on a specific date last August. I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

To begin with, do altitude and flight direction records even exist? And do they include x,y,z positions of everything in the air within 5mi above and around an airport --in this case, Charles M. Shulz Airport-- at any given time?

While I'm at it and asking, I 'm also curious about who operates the airport tower radar; is it the FAA, the state of California, or some local governmental agency? Can anyone gain access to radar flight records? Are the altitude records public information? Can the records legally be withheld?

I just need to know the exact altitude of my brother's noon helicopter flight over my house for a school project. My house is 2.1mi from the airport tower. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 05:43 AM
    No, you would not be available to get this information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proximity to seismograph [ 1 Answers ]

My family (myself, wife, three kids) live in a rural area of central California. The USGS recently placed a seismograph on the property adjacent to my own. My property has been in my family for three generations (I inherited it much to the dismay of my other brother, but that's another story). ...

Assuming a steady speed of 50 miles per hour,how long will it take to go 350 miles? [ 5 Answers ]

Assuming a steady speed of 50 miles per hour,how long will it take to go 350 miles?

MSA Agreements [ 3 Answers ]

After I get my MSA signed by a Notary, is this a legal document in the eyes of the Judge? Do I have to file with the Court right away? I live in New Jersey.

On a trip students drove 120 miles at 40 miles per hour and another 120 miles at 60 [ 10 Answers ]

Miles per hour. What was their average speed for the trip?

Daily commute by train over 80 miles one way - tax rebate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I commute from Baltimore MD to Wilmington DE daily via Amtrak. The distance covered by train is over 80 miles in one direction. Can I get tax rebate on my monthly train ticket while filing for taxes? If yes, how can I claim tax rebate? Do I need to do itemized deduction while filing...

View more questions Search