Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maniac0683 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2014, 07:07 AM
    Maintenance schedule
    Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some software I can use for a maintwnance schedule at work. I'm hoping to be able to add several components to my machine, as well as the frequency they need to be done, with some sort of alert when it is due. It would be awesome if I could sync this to my phone as well.

Thanks for any help / thoughts!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2014, 09:35 AM
    What EXACTLY are you trying to achieve ?

Oct 14, 2014, 09:48 AM
    I'm hoping to add everything on my machine at work that needs maintenance done, along with the frequency, and have it alert me in some way that something is due.
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2014, 10:06 AM
    There are far to many variables to even begin to even give you pointers.

What are you thinking of adding and to what end ?
    Computer maintenance is driven by usage.

Oct 14, 2014, 10:22 AM
    Machine usage... Bearings that need grease, components that get replaced after a certain period or enter the hours on the machine (basically odometer) and at a certain hour, the maintenance is due...

It don't matter if it's tracked by the date last done, or hours, I just need it to let me know what is due, when and keep a history of when I've done it last
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2014, 11:50 AM
    That helps greatly as you have posted this in the COMPUTER section.
    So what sort of machine are you referring to ?

Oct 14, 2014, 05:25 PM
    I have not posted in the computer section, only here. I'm running a Thermo-Former aka vacuum former.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2014, 06:06 PM
    You are talking about a database. You might find some generic software that allows you to track maintenance. Or you could roll your own with something like Microsoft Access.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What schedule pvc pipe should you use in a 100' well, schedule 40 or 80? [ 3 Answers ]

What schedule size pipe should you use in a 100' well,40 or 80?

Why would my schedule E rental income be reported on schedule C by Turbo tax [ 3 Answers ]

Last year when I reported rental income from my condo Turbo Tax listed it on schedule E. This year it is putting it on Schedule C.? Isn't Schedule C for businesses?

Form 1040nr - file schedule D or schedule NEC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi If in 2009 I had some capital gains (through stocks), do I need to file Schedule D or file Schedule NEC? Thanks

Can I split mortgage interest between schedule A and schedule E? [ 1 Answers ]

I am posted outside the US with the US government and therefore renting out my principal residence. On my 2009 return, if I deduct all the mortgage interest I paid on my house in schedule E (rental property), I won't have sufficient deductible expenses to itemize in Schedule A. If I can't itemize...

Following Maintenance schedule for 2002 Accord? [ 4 Answers ]

It is a must to follow the Maintenance Schedule for my Honda Accord. I bought it brand new in 2002 and now it has 78 K miles on it. I have not had any major problems, I have replaced the break shoes twice. I go every 3000-4000 miles for an oil change. The maintenance plan they have recommend is...

View more questions Search