Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    octopi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2014, 05:52 PM
    I want a younger sibling?
    Maybe it's not the best place to ask about this kind of stuff, but I really don't know where (or who) else to go to.

I'm 14 years old, female. I want a younger sibling, preferably a brother. I already have an older sister who's 16, but she doesn't really care for me. I feel lonely all the time, and I feel like I have no one who understands me. I have friends but I feel like I'm missing something. I need someone else to be a part of my life. I never got this kind of interaction with my sister, so I've always longed for someone I can play with and talk to.

I noticed this problem a few months ago and I've been looking for solutions ever since. I tried making new friends, but I still felt lonely at home or when I was with my family. My family, by the way, isn't great. My sister is constantly getting into arguments with my parents and it makes the whole family look like a disaster. When we're all together, the mood is always tense and barely anyone talks. I've been thinking that having another sibling wouldn't only help me but my whole family….
    I've been thinking that an adopted kid would be better than my mother having another child. It was just an idea until these past few days, when I started thinking how great my life would become with another sibling, close to my age. My life would have another meaning, and I wouldn't be lonely.

The thing is, I don't know how to ask my parents. They might think I'm crazy and say it's too complicated. Maybe that's true, but all I want is some company. I hate being alone all the time. I don't know what to do or how to tell my parents how I feel. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 12, 2014, 06:13 PM
    You are asking your parents to adopt a brother so you won't be so lonely? What happens when you start inviting friends to come over and he bothers you? Little brothers can be annoying. My advice is for you to start having friends come over or you visit their house after school. At your age I babysat. Pretty soon, you'll be old enough to get a part time job if high school doesn't take up all of your time. Get involved in school activities. In no time at all, you'll be busy and not lonely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an older sibling in Kansas file for custody of a younger sibling in Oklahoma [ 2 Answers ]

My younger sister is from Oklahoma and I'm from Kansas. She is 15 and she does not get along with her mother or her grandmother. Her mother has custody but she lives with her grandmother, she doesn't listen to her caretakers and I'm worried about her. Our father is in prison so he isn't any help to...

Older sibling touching a younger sibling inappropriately. What do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 year old just told me that his 9 year old brother is touching him. I don't know what to do... I don't feel I can work objectively with my eldest son to discuss this... I was asked by my older brother to touch him, this has been something that has stayed with more and was a secret until 3 weeks...

How to get custody to a younger sibling? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my mom are trying to get custody of my younger sister my mom is 40 and I am 18 but the thing is I don't know how I can help out by getting my sister back into my moms life as well as my own both me and my mom live in canada while my younger sister is in the states she is now 16 and lives...

Trying to get custody of younger sibling. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok my question is I am 19 years old almost 20 and I have to baby sister one which is now in foster care I was in the system my whole life and I hated it I want my youngest sister to have a lot better life than what I did and now I need some help trying to figure out how to get her she lives in...

View more questions Search