Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittycatluvsowl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2014, 05:36 PM
    I want a cartilage piercing but don't know how to ask my parents!
    I want to get a cartilage piercing around Christmas as a Christmas prezzie. I know I want to get it done with a needle because I know a gun can be harmful on cartilage. I'm not sure how to ask my parents and how they'll react. I think my mum will be okay because she is quite into ear piercings. She doesn't have any cartilage ones but she has 3 lobe piercings in one ear and 2 in another. I also think she might have a friend who does them so she can check with her about it meaning that I'm not too worried. It's my dad I'm worried about. He really loves me but he is very protective and was quite reserved and worried when I had my lobes done at 9. I don't have another piercings except my 1st lobes and the only others I'm planning to get are maybe 2nd lobes, maybe a lower down cartilage, maybe a belly button and maybe nostril but that's it. I'm not going to say my exact age because I don't think it matters how old you are, it's how mature you are. Let's just say I'm in the age range of 12-15. Any advice??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2014, 05:46 PM
    What does "mature" have to do with piercing? But then, it would be mature to obey your father (and mother?) and wait until you are older. After all, what does a piercing do for you and how would it improve your life?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I got my cartilage piercing about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it is still red and swollen. I rub the sterile saline on it twice a day. Should I be starting to worry that the piercing is infected?

Cartilage Piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between...

Cartilage Piercing? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I've been thinking about getting a cartilage piercing but I'm super scared! I don't have the choice of a gun or needle :( so I have to get it done by the gun. Is it safe? What should I do?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning to get my cartilage pierced but I was wondering if anyone who got their belly button pierced has also gotten their cartilage done because I want to know about the pain and I got my belly button done with very little discomfort... so if anyone has gotten both done I would love your...

View more questions Search