Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ushistory84 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2014, 01:50 PM
    WW1
    Hi, I'm currently learning about WW1 and understand that during WW1, America's 'Allied Powers' were Great Britain, France, Russia and Italy.

Just out of curiosity, out of those 4, who was our greatest ally?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 11, 2014, 01:58 PM
    What do YOU think is meant by the term "Greatest Ally" ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ushistory84 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2014, 02:11 PM
    I think "Greatest Ally" means biggest supporter. I honestly think that Britain was America's greatest ally during WW1 for 2 reasons:

1) A number of US citizens died on the British Passenger ship Lusitania, which was torpedoed and sunk by Germans

2) The British Passenger ship Lusitania is where a number of US citizens died. After submarines sank seven US merchant ships and the publication of the Zimmerman Telegram, Wilson called for war on Germany, which the US Congress declared on 6 April 1917 The Zimmerman note was an encoded telegram sent from Germany to Mexico and fortunately, the British intercepted the message and cracked the code in time to warn the United States

I think "Greatest Ally" means biggest supporter. I honestly think that Britain was America's greatest ally during WW1 for 2 reasons:

1) A number of US citizens died on the British Passenger ship Lusitania, which was torpedoed and sunk by Germans

2) The British Passenger ship Lusitania is where a number of US citizens died. After submarines sank seven US merchant ships and the publication of the Zimmerman Telegram, Wilson called for war on Germany, which the US Congress declared on 6 April 1917 The Zimmerman note was an encoded telegram sent from Germany to Mexico and fortunately, the British intercepted the message and cracked the code in time to warn the United States[/QUOTE]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ww1 tank battles? [ 10 Answers ]

HEY! Please help me I`m starting course work and I need this info okay, does any one know any battles in WW1 involving tanks please help me I would be so grateful =0) xx JellyBean xx

I need WW1 info. [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how I can find some info on WW1 pleez.:confused:

Ww1 planes [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how much a Fokker Dr. 1 plane cost in ww1. I need it for a History class please help. Ive looked all over and can't find the answer:(

WW1 Causes and outcomes info [ 6 Answers ]

I need some ww1 causes and outcomes info for a project, Any links? I need them soon please :)

View more questions Search