Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 07:44 AM
    Suddenly happy.
    Yesterday afternoon for no reason that I can fathom I went from suddenly blah to content and even happy. The reason for this is that I don't know why and it is confusing me.

A bit of history. My wife and I are living through those years that we will nostalgicly refer to as "Those hard years at the beginning". We've got a toddler (15mo), a baby on the way (14wks), a year old puppy, and two-three month kitten. We've had a few huge expenses and one waiting in the wings. We had a dishwasher go, the clutch on a old xterra go, my newer ford has a bad (assumed) bearing, and we're living tight in a budget. We can live and survive but not much money for extras. There has been a lot of stress over the last two years and it has had an effect on things. My wife and I are strong and smart enough to talk things through and work it all through. We were besties for 10+ years before we were married so we both know each other well. There is stress and there will always be stress, we know this and we're both stubborn enough to work things through.

I am borderline OCD. I am the historical intrusive thoughts variety. There are moments in my day where my brain will just insert itself into whatever I am doing and go, "Remember this embarrassing this that happen a bajillion years ago? You suck. How could you have done that? Think of what people would think of you..." I have accepted that these events happened and there is nothing that I can do to change them. I have held myself up to an impossibly high standard and have had to lower my expectations and forgive myself for my daily trespasses. I have the coping mechanisms that allow me to successfully deal with these events.

It is like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I don't what the weight or stress was. I suppose I am looking for general reasons I could be suddenly feel like this that don't involve a tumour. Quoth the Governator: "It's not a tumour!"
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 07:50 AM
    Are you on any meds? Any meds at all?

It's quite possible that your brain had decided to shut out the negative and focus on the positive.

While there are most definitely stressors, it's quite possible that your brain/endorphins have kicked in and have you seeing the positive side of life.

It's good that you and your wife have such a strong bond and can get through this together. Unless this becomes the norm, I wouldn't be too concerned. Unless, of course, you are any medications. Medications can be worriesome when it comes to situations such as this.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 08:29 AM
    The only thing I take is about 600mg ibuprofen nightly so I can sleep with my back.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 09:56 AM
    Enjoy the euphoria while you can, because you got a lot on your plate. I hope it lasts for you though.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 10:11 AM
    I like to positive-spin my life. Maybe that's what your brain has done. You have a young, growing family (i.e., adorable child with another on the way), a wonderful helpmate, both of you are wise beyond your years, and you have years of productivity ahead of you. (I won't mention how highly you are thought of on this site.) Live in the Now and look forward to the bright future. Look for positives even in the negatives. That philosophy has worked well for me. And thanks for posting to help remind me of the blessings in MY life!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 05:17 PM
    Sounds like you are in a good groove. Give thanks and enjoy it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2014, 05:42 PM
    I agree... I think sometimes the brain can only take so much worry, negative thought, etc. before a switch turns it off. It comes and goes, but once you start to feel that, "You know, it's going to be okay, we've got this", your thought process shifts. Room for gratitude is made, and contentment or happiness gets a foot hold once again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water geyser has suddenly started dripping today! Why is this suddenly happening? [ 0 Answers ]

The dripping seems to be coming from the thicker pipe which empties the plastic tray under the geyser and not from the thin overflow pipe.its been dripping suddenly and for the whole day,so something has happened. It is not set very hot but because of it being summer,we may be using less hot...

Me and my boyfriend is really happy we were in love for the past 3 year but suddenly [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in love with me for 03 years but we were really happy in our relation but now he is going around with other gal and he is going to get married with her.. I find really difficult to forget him. He is not talking with me... fully ingores me

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search