Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deepak1712s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2014, 08:21 AM
    Regarding bta for uk visa (is it really required ?)
    This is the answer I got from British embassy!
    Basic Traveller’s Allowance, is because many Indian citizens have become a problem to British government because of no money on them on their arrival. This is the reason visa issuing department said that all applicants must present Basic Traveller’s Allowance before signing their visa and work or permit.
    Is this required for me as an Indian!
    YOU HAVE TO COME WITH UR ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND UR VISA AND TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS WILL BE REALISED TO U ONLY AFTER Successfully PAYING UR BTA OF 1500 GBP. BTA IS REFUNDABLE
    This is the letter I received please let me know the truth ?
    Regards,
    Deepak
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 8, 2014, 08:30 AM
    Utter SCAM !!!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak1712s View Post
    YOU HAVE TO COME WITH UR ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND UR VISA AND TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS WILL BE REALISED TO U ONLY AFTER Successfully PAYING UR BTA OF 1500 GBP. BTA IS REFUNDABLE
    If that's what they wrote, it's a dead giveaway.

Anything from anyone that doesn't spell out YOU and just uses U or doesn't spell out YOUR and uses UR isn't going to be credible.

I've been through the UK over 20 times.. I've never been asked for it.

Are you sure its actually from the British Embassy, or did you get this from someone else claiming that what the British embassy said. Such as someone you are paying to "get you work papers". I'm surprised they are just handing out many work VISA's considering the state of the economy there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does friend with passport, visa and ticket need BTA UK to USA [ 1 Answers ]

Friend has Israeli passport, has lived in UK since childhood, has visiting visa and ticket from UK to USA--does he need a BTA?

What is the required visa for a non EU citizen? [ 0 Answers ]

I am Italian and married to a non EU citizen. We would like to move and settle in Holland, but we are not really aware of which visa we should apply for to enable my husband to work legally and live with me. Do we have to ask for a special work permit visa or a normal spouse visa will be OK? How...

Is BTA required from US to Sweden? [ 0 Answers ]

Have a friend in US who wants to come and visit me in Sweden.She said that she was need 600$ for BTA. Is that right or is it a scam?

Visa required? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a NZ Citizen, living permanently in Australia. I arrived in the US in May 2001 intending on only staying my 90 days allowed, I over stayed. I married a US citizen, but we have since divorced. I returned to Aus in Sept 2004. I would like to return to the US to visit family and friends but...

Is EAD Required for L2 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have L2 visa(spouse of L1B). I have SSN. Do I need to have EAD in order to work? Regards, Butama

View more questions Search