Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andysan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2014, 07:46 AM
    Moving to sweden
    My girlfriend want to move to sweden from accra. How do I start?
    A travelagency in accra whants:

Passport 350usd
    Vacc ard 45usd
    Visa 500usd
    Medical report200usd
    Insurance 200usd

That seems crazy..

What's is right?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 08:08 AM
    It is crazy.. because you are being scammed. Sorry.
    It's a very popular scam:
    Romance Scams | Embassy of the United States Accra, Ghana
    About Romance Scams
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 09:56 AM
    Like NK states... you are being scammed... can't you find a real girlfriend you will ever actually see where you live? I bet you have never actually seen this "Girlfriend" in person, then how could she be a real girlfriend if you haven't. Women actually slightly outnumber men in most parts of the world. And they don't all live in Accra, Ghana which is a third world hell hole that's got plenty of men. Most of which apparently have rich uncles in Nigeria that email people worldwide looking for suckers to give them money so they can get some imaginary inheritance released.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 05:12 PM
    Do not send her any money....as the others have said, you are being scammed and this is not real. IF you send the money, you will not see her and you will lose that money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 06:21 PM
    First she is not a girlfriend. In fact, it may not even be a "she" there are large business that do these scams on people all the time.

First the passport is not near that much money. And I am laughing at the visa cost, but that is still less than they ask often. Normally they start at about 3000 USD for passport and visa

And why USD, if she is going to Sweden, she will be paying in her money for everything but visa, and visa would be in the money of Sweden.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarship in sweden [ 1 Answers ]

I am tewodros and student of addis abeba university,my question is I want to get Learn Scholarship

Scholarship in sweden? [ 2 Answers ]

My name Ambaye Abate. I am from Ethiopia. I am a BA holder in in Accounting and Finance from Mekelle University. I am attending my MA in Urban Management at Ethiopian Civil Service College, and I can speak English language fluently. I want to study my MA in Business Administration in Sweden or any...

Anyone from/been to Sweden? [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to go to Sweden, and that's why I was wondering whether the people in Sweden speak English, since I do not speak Swedish. If anyone has any more tips, hotspots, points of interest or things to look out for, feel free to comment them

View more questions Search