Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 04:18 PM
    Liability? Conflict of Interest? Am I just being greedy?
    I'm not at all computer savvy, as all long term members here know.

I'll try to keep this short, which means it will be a short story, not a book. ;)

I started a group on Facebook for creative homemade ideas. I mainly started it to keep all the things I plan to make, in one spot, so I wouldn't constantly share things to my page that I like, and then have to scroll through everything on my page just to find them again. The group keeps everything in one place.

Well, the group is starting to take off. I get requests to join daily from from people I don't know.

Here's the thing. I do woodworking, I do crafts, and a lot of the stuff I share, not only can I make them, I plan to. Eventually I plan to sell them. So I do use the group to post things I've made, and do hope to eventually (I know it will take time) sell a lot of the things I'm making. My own business in other words.

Well today a member of the group asked if she could post her stuff in the group and sell them there. I'm torn on a few levels. One being (and I'm being honest here) that having someone else sell on my page will take away from my business plans. If she posts constantly and I only post a few things, my stuff will get lost in the shuffle because most people don't scroll through a whole page to see everything. Especially because allowing her to do it, means I'm giving everyone the green light to sell their stuff as well. I could potentially just have a group of people selling their wares, and mine would get lost in the shuffle. It could really hamper my business plans.

Second, I'm worried about liability. Not sure if my concern is legit though.

Since it's a group I started, if someone sells something in that group, and the person that bought the item isn't happy, can I be held accountable for that since the person was selling on my page and I allowed it? If they have health issues because of something another person in my group sold, could I end up in court?

Not sure where to post this question. I think I'll keep it in the chat area since it's a little of everything, legal, personal, and business.

I'd really appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 04:44 PM
    Tell her how confusing it will get, so she should start her own group just like you did. It's easy enough!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 05:13 PM
    I would just say no. For one, you do not want to lose control of your own pages.
    Next if she cheated anyone, they would be upset with you, and your pages would be the ones mentioned in negative feedback.

Also, these pages are for you, and you should keep them that way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conflict of interest [ 7 Answers ]

I have an offer pending on a short sale condo. My realtor disclosed early on that she is colleagues with the selling agent as they work out if the same office, but assured me they would work separately and no conflict exists. I confirmed with her that each is independent. As the process has...

Conflict of interest [ 2 Answers ]

How can an attorney drop a client after working the case for 5 months, then all of a sudden, he discovers that he has another client that is supposedly involved in the same case and he says it would be a conflict of interest? This case in in the state of Virginia, County of Washington.

Conflict of Interest? [ 0 Answers ]

My friend was given an Article 15 in the Air Force. He was arrested on a Friday and then acquitted on a Monday (when the Judge was available). His ex-wife claimed that he had violated a restraining order when in fact he had not (the judge even apologized), but since she filed a claim the police...

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court today for a careless driving ticket in NJ( written at the scene at an accident). Where both partys were written tickets. I am pleading NOT GUILTY(I have a lawyer). I found out today that my lawyer is also representing the other party too. Can this be done?? I am a...

Conflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

:( I found conflict of interest in my son's court proceedings. What can be done?

View more questions Search