Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanabelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2014, 11:45 AM
    Honeywell Thermostat CT8602 not working properly
    Is it a thermostat problem (possibly batteries need replacing) or AC problem? The AC won't come on when the fan is set to AUTO. It will come on when set to ON, but it just gets colder and colder and it doesn't matter the temperature I have it set on. The thermostat was installed in 2004 (new AC unit in 2011) and worked fine until now. If it's just batteries, how do you replace them? Thank you.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Oct 6, 2014, 01:22 PM
    Looks like that stat has 3 batteries. You'll have to remove the stat to get to the batteries. The stat should snap off of the wall plate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat and ac thermostat not working properly [ 0 Answers ]

The thermostat will actually move up , it will go to 77, 78, 79, (I have checked the temperature in the house and it is steadily getting cooler). I can put a fan on it and get it to cut off and seems like it resets it's self but as of today I have to keep putting the fan on the thermostat to get it...

How to install honeywell he360a to a noma thermostat properly [ 2 Answers ]

I have just purchased a Honeywell he360a humidifier and want to hook up to the noma 52-2546-6 thermostat (it has humidity setting) direct if possible please. I gather from the information on the instructions of both that I hook up the humidifiers (in basement) two wires (2 red or 2yellow... not...

Honeywell thermostat RTH230b not working [ 2 Answers ]

I installed the RTH230B (Honeywell) over a year ago. It has been working fine until just lately when I noticed the battery display was blinking indicating that I need to change the batteries. I removed the cover and replace the AA batteries with freshly charged, rechargeable batteries. The front...

Is thermostat working properly? [ 3 Answers ]

During the cycling of a furnace, how long should it be off and how long should it run? Thanks,

Honeywell CT8602 Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

The 'Filter' light flashes permanently, and I think this is a function of running time, not filter condition. Nowhere in the instructions does it tell you how to correct this. Can anyone help? Many thanks

View more questions Search