Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfetscher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 01:10 PM
    How can I get a free or close to free alto sax for my son to play?
    Hi, my son wants to play the sax and I can rent one from school for 50 a month but I just don't have that kind of money to put out for an musical inst. Hes a great kid with lots of talent and very smart too. I'm disabled and can't work anymore. I really wish I could afford it but can not now.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2014, 01:17 PM
    It takes a lot of work and asking around, starting with his music teacher. It's really a local kind of effort - strangers far away aren't going to give away a sax. Of course you can search on ebay and other sites for a cheap used one, and you and he can save up for it.
    How old is he? Parents far and wide complain that they buy their children instruments after months of begging and swearing that it's the kid's one true passion in life, and they lose all interest in it a month later.
    The time honored tradition is that someone who really wants an instrument hangs around musicians, mows lawns, saves whatever dime he gets to start out with a cheap old half broken horn. It shows he means it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Craigslist, pawn shops, possibly used from a music store.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 07:32 PM
    If you decide to buy a used one, take someone who knows often bad corks, or other issues can cost big money in repairs.

Also, if child is going to play in the band, in school, do they not still teach child to play?

But teachers are business people, who get paid for their time. So, would you want to do work, and not get paid. Lessons is how teachers do work. That is how they pay their bills.

You can ask people you know, to see if a friend or perhaps a older teen may have time and would work for less, than a professional teacher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is an awsome free game to play that is like... [ 4 Answers ]

I want a game online to play what shall it be... I want a game that has to deal with cooking or babies or like a family but it must be free! And it must be fun and realistic what should it be?

Is there such a thing as FREE people finder free search free results [ 4 Answers ]

Or free address, phone or email search

How to fix free play in fuel pedal [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ford f350 power stroke diesel. It has about 3/4 inch free play in fuel pedal but has no throttle cable.How can I fix it?

How to play a Low A on the sax [ 5 Answers ]

How do you play that low A? Can't figure it out and I can't ask anyone.

View more questions Search