Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BBS50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 05:27 AM
    I srayed outdoor hornet spray in my bedroom!
    Hi.
    My home was recently infested with honeybees in the ceiling of my bedroom. This is an addition with a flat rubber roof. My son removed the boxing alongside the end of the house where the bees were & used a powdered insecticide along with hornet spray. That was yesterday. This morning bees were coming out of hiding places into the room. I panicked & sprayed the outdoor spray around the doors & windows. I also sprayed the air in the room. The area is closed off from the rest of the house. I then called my son & realized I made a terrible mistake! What do I do? I opened the windows. Thanks
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 05:49 AM
    You will have to wait this one out. From your description your son applied a repellant to the bees' exit and chased them into the interior. Opening the windows to allow them another exit was a good idea. It will take several days for them all to leave. After they have left you will have to deal with cleaning the room, including removing the abandoned nest from the ceiling, as the honey in the nest can melt and pretty much destroy your ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the types of bald face hornet nests [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how bald face hornets nest. Are they in ground or tree shrub types. My nephew got stung twice and I need to find the nest and kill it he has bee sensativities!

Outdoor spigot spray when turned off [ 4 Answers ]

I have anti-siphon frost proof spigots outside. I understand the purpose of those features, but am annoyed that whenever you turn off the water, with a hose attached, you get soaked with water spraying out from the spigot. I know that not all anti-siphon spigots are this way, as I used my...

Baldface Hornet? [ 3 Answers ]

I'll admit - I am too chicken to get any closer to this bug... I live in a residential area of NYC. I have 2, maybe 3 of these bugs flying around the front yard - in and out of a snowball bush. They're about an inch in length. The closest bug I've found is a baldface hornet. Can anyone tell me...

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

View more questions Search