Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizallen1981 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 03:16 AM
    I need help w/ Texas CPS
    Should I have to be subject to a drug screen just because my brother and his girlfriend are being investigated?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 03:18 AM
    It depends on the situation. Please give us some background information.

Oct 5, 2014, 04:43 AM
    I need help with Texas CPS
    His previous girlfriend who is mother of 2 of his kids called cps on him and his girlfriend who also have a baby they passed urine test but failed hair test my moms pills were short and her friend was there obviously high on somas... they said my moms is an unsafe environment and because I lived there I have a case now... I told them that I I cld move and did and no one there can have contact with my kids... shouldn't that be enough
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lizallen1981 View Post
    His previous girlfriend who is mother of 2 of his kids called cps on him and his girlfriend who also have a baby they passed urine test but failed hair test my moms pills were short and her friend was there obviously high on somas... they said my moms is an unsafe environment and because I lived there I have a case now... I told them that I I cld move and did and no one there can have contact with my kids... shouldn't that be enough
    . Since you now have an open case, you are being subjected to drug tests as well. And, since you are clean and sober you should be happy to comply with the requests of CPS so as to get them off your back.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2014, 07:15 AM
    So, if I understand this (and it wasn't easy), your brother, his girlfriend and his 2 children live with your mother. You also live there with your children. Is that correct so far? Then his ex filed a complaint with CPS (is she the mother of his children?) CPS investigated and wants to test the whole household, apparently because they found drug use in the household. Is that the story?

I doubt if your moving out and stating there would be no contact will assuage them. Why are you afraid to take a test?

Oct 5, 2014, 08:20 AM
    Because I am afraid of what I did 30,60 or 90 days ago being held against me and I smoke my kids r nowhere around when I do... And how do they just open up a case like they said my moms envolvement is it's her house they gave the 2 kids to their mom and since on more then 1 occasion pull up in a known drug dealers vehicle or pop up at a house they shldnt be at or admitted after having the 2nd baby to smoking pot and cps placed the 3 in like a woman's shelter and no one at her house got tested not even her

And I live in a small town so I know everyone and at least half r or were drug dealers
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 03:17 PM
    Without punctuation it's very hard to understand what you are trying to say. Periods and commas are your friend. This is an adult message board, not a text message.

You know everyone, half of them are drug dealers. Doesn't sound like a good environment to raise children.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 07:36 PM
    Hire an attorney, and let them contact CPS for you. Demand case be closed against you.

CPS will try to force you to do things, without court orders and threaten to take your kids, I you don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two nieces and a nephew in cps custody in Texas I'm in Kentucky. [ 1 Answers ]

My two nieces and my nephew have been removed from their parent's care and the caseworker couldn't find any suitable relatives in Texas to take them. My husband and I live in Kentucky and would like to take them in. We are both state certified respit care providers and in training to be duster...

Texas law - if child is in CPS, can father get custody? [ 1 Answers ]

My son dated a girl a couple years ago that now claims he is the father of her son. My son found out the child was born addicted and has been in and out of CPS custody after her failing to pass required drug test and complete what the court has ordered. He has now been served to show for a court...

Transferring probation from Nevada to Texas (Texas Resident) on a sex offender charge [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was visiting his sister in Nevada and was arrested. He is a Texas resident, we have a current lease agreement that is good until 2013 and he has utilities in his name here. Because of the charge he doesn't have a place that he can stay in Nevada because his sister has children. What...

TEXAS: can I add this 'as is' language to a general warranty deed in Texas without... [ 11 Answers ]

... voiding it, or hurting it in some way? "The Property is conveyed and accepted "AS IS," in its present physical condition, with all faults and defects, known or unknown, and without warranties, express or implied, except for warranties of title as may be expressly set forth and limited...

Texas CPS [ 1 Answers ]

Six weeks my brother and his girlfriend had their next to last permanency hearing. During that hearing, the judge ordered that I begin visitation with my niece. I had already begun visitation the previous weekend. I have a pretty open relationship with the foster mom and cps said that...

View more questions Search