Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennybradley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2014, 03:17 PM
    Calling myself from home phone line to home phone line
    I received a call & caller ID said the call was from me & the ph. # was our home line... how can I call myself on my own phone? Not possible so what caused this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 4, 2014, 06:09 PM
    If you have call waiting then it is possible for you to do that. It will show as an incoming call.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2014, 08:36 PM
    Or telemarketer, that has a computer system, to send false signal out.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2014, 05:09 AM
    Spoofing Scam. The article below may just explain what is happening.

Why is My Number Calling Me? A Crazy New Scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Buzzing on My Home Phone Land Line [ 1 Answers ]

I have a loud buzzing on my home phone land line. I have gone to the CSU Box on the exterior of my home and connected a phone directly to to the CSU Line - No Buzzing Is Heard! I have ran a new phone line from the CSU Box into the home. The DSL Line is working - a little slower than usual -...

I only have a land line phone and no cell phone how can I see when someone is calling [ 3 Answers ]

When I'm on the computer I can't receive my calls because I have dial up for my computer

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

View more questions Search