Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2014, 06:35 PM
    My parents are hiding medical problems my sister has
    Tonight my mom took my sister (she's 14) to the emergency room because she was having stomach pain. I didn't think much of it but my dad just came into room and he told me they have to drive her to Toronto to a special hospital. It's four hours away and it's almost 10 at night. She wouldn't be sent there immediately if it wasn't serious. She was born with one kidney and my dad said "it's about her kidney" but he won't tell me anything else. I just want to know something's that could possibly be wrong. They are leaving tonight and I have no idea how long they will be gone for. They also wouldn't leave me here of it wasn't serious because I also have an 8 year old sister to take care of. I just want to know if she's going to be okay...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2014, 07:21 PM
    How are we supposed to know this? I understand you are upset, but this is all information only your parents and the medical professionals that are treating her will know. With only one kidney anything that effects it will be significantly more serious than for anyone with two.

You can lead a normal life with just one... but with zero you will have significant problemns requiring frequent hospital visits while awaiting on the list for a compatible donor. That's why its being treated as seriously as it is. Because for her it is. WHen they know more for certain.. they will tell you most likely. I seriously believe they don't know yet exactly what the problem is or much else. And if they don't know they can't tell you anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2014, 11:05 PM
    Even your parents may not know, exactly what is wrong, and if she is going to be OK. But this is a question to ask them. Only they would know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can my parents stop me from seeing my sister? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 19 years old and me and my mum have fallen out and she now won't let me see or even speak to my 9 year old sister.is there anything I cn do legally to stop her doing this as its very up setting for me not seeing her.

Consequences of hiding marriage from parents [ 9 Answers ]

Im 20 and in college. My now wife is 19 also in college. We got married in November and everything is great. We both decided to keep this from our parents because we figured they wouldn't understand. I didn't start worrieing until I began to ponder the implications it would have on there taxes. If...

Alcoholic parents and hormonic sister [ 22 Answers ]

My name is lewis and I am 13. I have a mum, dad and sister. My mum and dad are both alcoholics and my sisters 15 and the age where she keeps arguing with my mum and dad. I am fed up and am so miserable I cry myself to sleep. Then when I'm doing my homework they always argue and my grades are...

My sister is 20 and lives with my parents. She is having some problems. [ 16 Answers ]

I am much older (35) . There are several issues: first she has been staying out until 3 or 4 in the morning most nights of the week with friends. A part time babysitting job is her only income. She sleeps until 2 or later. She was in school, but she dropped out. She has a pretty severe weight...

View more questions Search