Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee019 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2014, 10:27 AM
    Holiday with family
    Can I go on holiday to Australia with criminal record ? It's been 5 years now since my last a final arrest I do have previous for asaults drugs sound worse than what it is really
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2014, 10:31 AM
    Arrests aren't what matters, it's the convictions. I assume that's what you meant to say.

I bleieve Australia does restrict entry to convicted felons... as do a number of other countries.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2014, 10:34 AM
    What country are your travelling from? If travelling from Canada, sorry you will not be able to enter Australia with a criminal record as yours. It doesn't matter how long it has been, just the assault and drug activity is enough to post no entry. I believe it would be the same from the US or UK.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2014, 05:36 PM
    Rather than just opinion here are the facts
    https://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-s...9character.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go on holiday with family or stay with boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

I know this my seem like a dumb question and the obvious answer is "go on holiday with family" but I have made plans and arrangements with my boyfriend and promised we would spend the summer together. But I really want to go on holiday and I know I'm going to miss the family fun. But I don't want...

Is it inappropriate to invite your friends to holiday family functions? [ 1 Answers ]

Am I out of line for being miffed that for the third year in a row, my sister includes her friends in our family gatherings? What started as a one time invitation to her friend to attend Thanksgiving with us because her husband had to be out of town, has now turned into "tradition" where this...

What holiday should my family go on? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My family and I are looking for a holiday to go on around the budget of $10,000. We are looking for skiing or culture experiences. We are a family of 4 with two adults and two kids aged 11 and 14, beginner skiiers. We are looking at Japan (cheap holiday), Interstate of Australia and mabye...

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

View more questions Search