Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandie Mitchell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2014, 12:00 AM
    Assistance purchasing a home
    Is there funding for ex felons to assist with purchasing a home.? Sincerely, Sandra Mitchell
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2014, 01:38 AM
    No. Felons have to struggle to buy homes along with the rest of the population.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2014, 04:49 AM
    You do what everyone else does.. you rent a place until you save up enough for a down payment. Nobody else gets free money to buy a house... why should someone who broke the law.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 29, 2014, 05:02 AM
    I really don't understand the mentality. Why should a felon be given something that the rest of us work our arses off for?

I guess it's the same as the welfare mentality.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2014, 05:50 AM
    No, there is no special funding, in fact, if they were convicted of some drug crimes, they will not qualify for all of the other grants and loans that may be available. ** some special offers,
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2014, 02:15 PM
    Another example of Jailhouse lawyering! I might become a felon if I could get all the things people believe they can get-Free education, money to start a business, help with a house purchase etc. Who suggested you could get such?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K and home purchasing [ 2 Answers ]

I am moving to a different town, so I need to make a decision about my 401K with the company I work for... I would like to use the money (about $10,000) for purchase of a new home. Is there any way to do this without paying penalties or big taxes? Or do I just need to roll this investment into my...

Purchasing a new Home then BK [ 2 Answers ]

BASIC HISTORY: I live in Southern California and I am one of the "fortunate" one that is in the current mortgage ARM crisis. December 2008 my "fixed rate" ARM will then go adjustable. My mortgage is $3400.00/month - not including taxes or insurance. Houses in my area have been on the market for 8...

Purchasing a home for cash [ 1 Answers ]

I know how a home is purchase with a mortgage. What is the process when a home is not financed, but purchased with cash?

Purchasing a home [ 2 Answers ]

How do I purchase a very expensive home by paying the back taxes ONLY?

View more questions Search