Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kglover3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 10:06 PM
    Didn't wear my retainer what now?
    I got my braces off in July. For the past few months I've worn my retainer but forgot to a couple times and sometimes was just too lazy to put them back in. I also have an overbite and it shifted to what it was. I've tried keeping my retainer in for a while but it doesn't seem to be working. Will I have to get new braces or can I get a new set of retainers? Please Please help me! I'm a sophomore in high school and I go back to my orthodontist in November. Should I make an appointment before then to get help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2014, 02:03 AM
    No one online can possibly answer this. Your orthodontist is the only one. Call the office and tell the staff what you said here. I have a feeling that you will be told to just wait til the November appointment. I can't see you having to have braces again, but again, we can't know. If you won't wear your retainer, I'm not sure what you are hoping for. And extending your care is just costing your parents more money. Either follow directions or live with an overbite.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2014, 05:01 AM
    I agree... you weren't given a retainer just to bother you. If you don't use it like you were supposed to... then things will go back toward where they were because you were too lazy to do what you were supposed to do.

Sorry if that's harsh... but that's the same as saying I visit the dentist 4 times a year for cleaning... but what happens if I don't brush my teeth between visits?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you like wear indian ethnic wear dress? [ 3 Answers ]

I belong to India and only follow latest Indian tradition fashion.

A couple of days ago I had sex, the guy didn't wear a condom at first but then put on [ 2 Answers ]

A couple of days ago I had sex, the guy didn't wear a condom at first but then put one on. I forgot to take my birth control that day. But took both pills the next day. My nipples are sore. Not a throbbing pain or anything. Jus when I touch them. I'm supposed to start my period next weekend. Can...

Do you always have to wear a metal retainer after braces? [ 13 Answers ]

I always knew that I would have to wear a retainer once my braces were off, but I was under the impression that a retainer was clear. I seen pictures of retainers and a lot of people had like a metal wire going across their top teeth. Does it make a difference if it's metal or clear? And can I wear...

My retainer [ 2 Answers ]

I've been searching this site all over but does anyone know what tcr means I have to get a back-up retainer with "TCR".does anyone know what that means and where it is placed?I forgot to ask my ortho...

How long must I wear retainer? [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for 2 years, and have worn my retainer for years. Recently it does not fit well. Must I continue to wear it?

View more questions Search