Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrbareit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Roommate Problems
    My friend and I signed a one year contract for a home in Florida. We are the legal lease holders on this lease. He has moved his girlfriend in who has caused nothing but trouble. Do I have the right to tell her she must leave since I am on the lease and pay more then my friend pays, or do I have to contact the landlord and have him contact his girlfriend and tell her she must vacate the property.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Jason
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Actually since she is a guest of one of the signers of the lease, I am not sure you can even get rid of her at all. Unless your lease specifies the number of people allowed to live in the home. You can contact the landlord but I don't know what he can do, unless you and your roommate had something included in the lease on this.
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Apr 7, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbareit
    My friend and I signed a one year contract for a home in Florida. We are the legal lease holders on this lease. He has moved his girlfriend in who has caused nothing but trouble. Do I have the right to tell her she must leave since I am on the lease and pay more then my friend pays, or do I have to contact the landlord and have him contact his girlfriend and tell her she must vacate the property.

Thanks for everyones help,

Jason
    In my opinion it would be best to contact the landlord and try to evict her that way as will be legal and not be as messy as could be if you approached your friend. Take care, love and peace anne x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

Roommate problems [ 1 Answers ]

I leased a room in my house (that I own) to someone that needed a place on short notice. She would not sign a lease agreement. I want her OUT. We do not get along. I asked her for her rent 2 days ahead because I was going out of town. My ? Is can legally change the rent due date when there was no...

VA Roommate needs to go... [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I've read through many of the well informed responses on this board and I've perused the Virginia Landlord-Tenant law but am still a bit unclear on a few legal points and wouldn't mind some legal or general advice from people who've had similar experiences. I am a single, 30 year old male...

Roommate vs. Roommate evicitions ? [ 13 Answers ]

I am on a lease to rent a room. I found another person to rent the other room. I have lived at this house for 3 years. He has lived here for two months. I want him out because he is a nuisance. My rights as a tenant does not specifically state me as a Principle Tenant, but I've been here the...

I am a new roommate and need help [ 5 Answers ]

My son and I moved from another state to TN. My boyfriend moved to TN. 2 months prior to us coming here. He had moved in with his roommate/tenant, which they have been friends for many years. The lease is in the roommate/tenant name. The roommate/tenant offered my son and I to come stay with them...

View more questions Search