Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taterenia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 08:17 AM
    What's a situation of dramatic irony in on the sidewalk bleeding
    I'm doing a writeup on the story "On the Sidewalk Bleeding" and I need to know what one example of dramatic irony was in the story, and one example of situational irony in the story.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 08:30 AM
    Have you read the story? Do you know the definitions of those two kinds of irony and have read examples of them elsewhere? Please post your answers for this homework question, and we will tell you if you are correct. If you aren't, we will help you figure out the answers. We are not allowed to actually do homework for you.
    taterenia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 02:25 PM
    Situational/dramatic irony
    How do if find examples of situational and dramatic irony in a story?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 02:29 PM
    For the dramatic irony, the main character doesn't know something that the readers do. What is it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2014, 02:37 PM
    First you look up what they mean and then read the story. What about this? George Custer had the most advanced weaponry available at "Little Big Horn". Of course, the Indians just kept at it until they ran out of ammunition.
    poobear15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2016, 06:11 PM
    The dramatic irony is the reader knew Andy was dying before Andy realized it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the theme of on the sidewalk bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the theme of the short story on the sidewalk bleeding

Matteus is back again. Difficult Situation, Dramatic Marriage [ 23 Answers ]

Hi everybody. Here I'm back again, after some more drama in my life. Its like I can't help myself, but always find myself in difficult situations. I was married for a short time (kind of 8-9 months) with a girl from another country, and we used to live in my country. I'm not going to speak...

On the sidewalk bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

What is the theme of "On the sidewalk bleeding"?

Dramatic Situation [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so my other posts explain the breakup. Recently, I was asking about why one of my bandmates had disappeared. My ex's friend contacted me to hang out. We had hung out a couple of times since the breakup, I don't talk about the ex and she was good about not talking about her. This most recent...

View more questions Search