Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fffzeek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 08:07 AM
    Screw holding shower faucet parts (not set screw) just spins.
    Moen shower handle would spin without water coming on. Thought it cartridge so I replaced. When putting back together, the screw that holds the parts together under the handle is just spinning and I cant remove it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 28, 2014, 08:11 AM
    tweezers?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 28, 2014, 08:59 AM
    Are you saying that the new cartridge has no female threads? Or did you strip the male threads? If the screw is still in the cartridge then lift it up by sliding a knife blade under it and pull it out with Harolds tweezers or a pair of pliers and let me know why the threads didn't catch, Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faucet 1BA4502CP need set screw what size [ 2 Answers ]

The set screw for the handle went down the drain what size set screw do we need.

Set screw grouted over on tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

So the diverter spout stick thing broke off our tub faucet so now the water won't be diverted from the faucet to the shower. I do believe it's a slip on faucet, but it looks like the set screw has been grouted over for some stupid reason, so I can't even access it. Is there any way for me to get...

Remove a stripped screw from a shower faucet that is leaking [ 11 Answers ]

I have a shower faucet handle that is leaking hot water. When I tried to remove the screw inside the handle, I stripped it (probably because it was totally rusted). I have tried the extractor thing, and the dremel thing, and the bigger screw driver thing- it will not move. I am afraid to drill...

Shower faucet screw is impossible to remove [ 1 Answers ]

My tub faucet drips/pours cold water. The screw is impossible to uncrew.

Shower Cartridge replacement halted due to stripped screw set. [ 2 Answers ]

Need assistance! I am in the process of replacing a shower cartridge but this project has been halted at it's first step removing the handle to obtain access to the cartridge. I have tried various things all of which has had the unfortunate event of stripping the screw set head so that there isn't...

View more questions Search