Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chanychan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
    11 year old wanting a paid babysitting jobs in england
    I just wanted to know if there was any websites or anything the I could get some babysitting jobs from in the UK.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2014, 05:43 PM
    At 11, you may not be old enough to take the training offered from places like the red cross. It is likely that you will have difficulty finding jobs until you are older.

However, you might want to see if any of your neighbors or friends of your family might be interested in having you mind their older child(ren). Another possibility would be to offer services as a mother's helper to close neighbors or family friends. This is where you would help with children while the mother is still home, but may like to have you entertain and supervise the child while she gets some housework done, or works on other things while in the house. You could make flyers to pass out letting them know that you are available to help out with the children, freeing them up to take care of other things.

Be sure to talk to your parents to get their input and approval. Good luck!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 28, 2014, 03:43 AM
    Babysitting is a VERY local job, so websites are meaningless. Just getting across town might be impossible for an 11 year old, unless parents are willing to drive.

So have your parents help you make signs for the neighborhood and maybe a grocery store or other stores near your house. Be careful about putting names with phone numbers! Too risky these days. Phone number only.

If you have a Facebook account, you can put the word out with friends. Don't agree to any friend requests from anyone you don't know. Again, this is something your parents should handle, or monitor if they let you do it.

11 is still pretty young for sitting (too young in my opinion, except maybe for an hour or two during the day). Parents are more careful than ever about all the things that can go wrong, from strangers at the door to choking children to accidents in the home. You might want to go to the library to ask for books on babysitting. You could write up a list of all the important things you do know how to handle in an emergency, and write a paragraph about what experience you have with caring for children younger than you.

You could also do dog walking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any jobs that 11 year olds can do in england [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a job coz' I'm 11 but me and my family are running short on money and I wan't to do a job to help like card making (but not card making) on weekends or something really cool like modeling (wich proberbly won't happen so not that either) and not something stupid. Thank you!

Babysitting jobs for a 12-year-old [ 1 Answers ]

I need help finding a babysitting job I turned 12 I have a 1 year old cusion that I babysite but she doent pay so can you help me find a babysitting job I would appreciate it thank you.

Babysitting jobs that a 11 year old can do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter got her babysitting license last year and is looking for a babysitting job she is 11 years old and is very responsible for her age and love children. But we would need to try to get a job around Blohm Drive if that is possible. Please help! Thank you

View more questions Search