Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jswiatlowski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Replace heating element in a Kenmore dryer
    Does anyone have picture or directions on how to replace the heating element . I am in AZ and the dryer is back home in CA, so I do not have the model , but I can get it if it is needed to answer mymquestion.
    Thanks in advance
    :rolleyes:
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jswiatlowski
    Does anyone have picture or directions on how to replace the heating element . I am in AZ and the dryer is back home in CA, so I do not have the model , but I can get it if it is needed to answer mymquestion.
    Thanks in advance
    :rolleyes:
    You need to take off the back panel on the dryer and look at the screws holding the element housing. No secret, just locate the screws, remove the wires and take it apart. There is a screw with a small bracket at the very top of the housing which is a little tricky to get at. It's easier to get at it after you pop the top of the dryer then to try to get at it from the back.
    Sorry, no picture!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating element Kenmore 70 series electric dryer [ 6 Answers ]

When I start the dryer the heating element gets hot for about 5 seconds then blows a fuse. The dryer will still cycle, but never get hot again. I replaced the fuses and no luck. When I took the plate off I can see that it is getting hot. There are 5 coils and it appears that the top 3 coils are...

Kenmore heating element [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dryer six years old. I just got problem there is no heat. Then I change the heating element. It work find for two cycle each cycle took 60 minutes then it quit working then I did Change again It repeat the same problem so what's wrong? Would you give me some asvise to trouble...

How to replace heating element in Kenmoore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The heating element on my Kenmoore 86873800 dryer. I have the part but don't know how to replace it. Anyone know how? Thank You!

Kenmore Dishwasher heating element [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the heating element in my 665.16512 Kenmore Dishwasher but I don't know how to remove the old one. Any hints?

View more questions Search