Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjskinner1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 10:54 AM
    Incorrect dates on job application... can the application be corrected?
    Hello,

This is a question coming from Texas. I am in the market for a new job in higher education and recently received a great offer. I will be finalizing paperwork and turning in authorization for background check next week. When I was getting my documents together for my meeting with the new employer, I noticed that I put some incorrect employment dates on the application. Very careless but completely unintentional. The problem is, one of those dates is about 5 months off, and there was some time in between jobs, so it will look like I was trying to cover that. I want to speak with the HR representative who sent me all the information and try to clear this up prior to the background check. I was off by only a month or so on two other positions (stemming from my initial mix up), but the 5 month gaffe has me extremely worried. Is this something HR will help me correct if I am honest about my mistake?

Thank you,
    S
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2014, 05:34 PM
    Just send a new application with a cover sheet detailing your information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 06:24 AM
    They can decide not to hire for this, or even, if found, later, fire you because of it.
    sjskinner1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2014, 03:54 PM
    Update: It looks like I may have been worried for nothing. I went in and discussed this with the HR office today, and they allowed me to update my application. I should know for sure in a few days if there were any issues, but they were very accommodating and I was very honest. Lesson learned: always check, recheck, and re-recheck all documents before submitting!

Thanks to those who answered.

S

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job Application [ 4 Answers ]

I am very interested in working for a local company. Currently they have two positions open that suit my skills and experience. I am over experienced for one of the positions and slightly under experienced for the second position. I would happily take either position, but the second position is...

Filled incorrect tax forms- Does it affect green card application? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I incorrectly filed as a resident alien whereas, as an international student on a F-1 visa, I should have filed as a non-resident alien for the last 3 years which I found out recently. I am on the process of submitting an application to USCIS for my green card.. (I married a us citizen...

Is ITIN application and tax refund application different? [ 2 Answers ]

I applied for ITIN with my tax return this year. Do I need to apply again for my tax return separately or tax return application with ITIN is sufficient?

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

View more questions Search