Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karine12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2014, 11:34 AM
    How do I stop ADT low battery alert?
    Anyone, Please HELP

We bought our house 2 years ago
    The old owner did not transfer his ADT contract and installation when moving out
    I contacted ADT back in March 2013 saying that they will simply disconnect it and to not worry

RIGHT... Well, tonight and after nearly 2 years the indoor little box started beeping and it is a very frustrating noise
    I called ADT but they are not helping. They are not taking responsibility and they want us to pay £133 for their engineer for half an hour work who can only come by tomorrow... Absolutely ridiculous

Anyway, we need help as it is very annoying and as it would be nice to be able to get some sleep before work tomorrow.

The issue is as follow:
    - ADT service is disconnected
    - The little box in the hall show on the screen a phone with a cross on it, an alarm and a battery with a cross on it
    - The little box is quite small and under the screen there some digets on buttons
    - No light flashing
    - It is a constant beep
    ADT say it is due to low battery but how do I stop it

Please help

Thx
    Karine

Sep 25, 2014, 12:22 PM
    Thanks you to Ron the issue is solve and well happy :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2014, 03:20 PM
    How was it solved if I may ask to satisfy my curiosity?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 25, 2014, 03:35 PM
    Karine, because your question was originally piggy-backed onto another thread, I moved it to its own thread before your second post.

I am guessing that Ron was poster in the other thread. Do you mind sharing what advice he gave that you followed?

Sep 26, 2014, 12:12 AM
    Hi Talaniman and Cat
    Ron is a local engineer who was really helpful... our saviour :) + we did everything over the phone which saved us on cost.
    He advised that even if they were no service, i.e. the contract had been stopped years ago it did not mean that all was disconnected.
    He informed us that the best way to do this was to remove the battery from the system and the fuse from the main alarm compartment.
    Prior to do this please be aware that the outside alarm will go on for 20 minutes so better inform the neighbors.
    We sent him a picture of the mother board and he advise to remove the red wire linking to the battery. Once done to remove the fuse which is in a tiny little place.
    Normally the outside alarm should have gone off but did not in our case. Ron said that it was good in this occasion but should not have been the case.
    Anyway, the bip stopped. The full system is disconnected and we are reallly happy :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 26, 2014, 05:37 AM
    Thank you for responding and congratulations on fixing the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping [ 2 Answers ]

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping every 20 seconds ever since the phone line got disconnected. It is driving my family crazy! I've tried to call adt but I get told to send an engineer out to fix it. Yeah thanks at 130£ Can anyone help? Many thanks if you can

THM501 Noma Program.Thermostat. Low battery alarm won't stop [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with the THM501 programmable thermostat 4 months ago. No problems until two nights ago. The low battery alarm kept going off - a high beeP (that kills my dog) and a female voice. The house heat was dropping fast. I changed the battery from Panasonic carbon AA to 8X ultimate...

Low Battery on Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat that controls the heat and air conditioning (Maple/Chase) says Low Battery. I changed the batteries and it still won't work. The air conditioner won't come on. What do I do? I've changed the batteries before and things were fine.

Low battery light [ 1 Answers ]

The low bat lgiht is on and won't go off. How do I change the fuse and battery and make the display right itself ?

View more questions Search