Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2014, 05:19 PM
    What kind of cichlids do I have?
    I have asked a similar question before, but it wasn't answered. This time I hope I can attach clear images. Nova is a light blue , and is about 2 or 3 years old. He is about 4 inches, and I think he might be a cobalt blue red zebra or a red top ice blue. He has no other colors besides blue. Pantro is about one year old, being that I got him last Christmas. His base color is grey. Then he has black spots, and a blue metallic tint on his underside. He is about 3 inches long. Could he be a venistus or a livingstonii? Thanks for any answers! I will try my best to place images, but otherwise I have given basic descriptions.
    TheNatureGirl

Sep 24, 2014, 05:34 PM
    I also have another question. Nova is very aggressive, but if I set up a 50 gallon tank with multiple caves, would he be able to manage with two other fish? There may also be a few plants and lots of swimming space. I was wondering because I wanted to possibly add Pantro and an electric yellow. Pantro is a bit smaller, and I will get the electric yellow about the same size (so that Nova doesn't eat him, nor be eaten by him, due to size). Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 05:53 PM
    I've reported your post and asked that it be moved to the fish forum.

This is likely why you didn't get answers the first time. Most people stick to the forums they have expertise or knowledge on. I only checked this one out because it made no sense in the biology forum, and I wanted to know what you were asking.

The right forum is key to getting a reply.

Sadly I can't help with this. I know nothing about fish.

Good luck. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 05:55 PM
    The thread has been moved to the proper forum.

Sep 24, 2014, 06:09 PM
    Well um... I wasn't informed about this but I guess it's a good thing. Do you know what link i can go to? Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 06:44 PM
    Try this. cichlids.com: dedicated to cichlids

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kind of ed up with my ex, what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I'm a ******* . My ex and I broke up three weeks ago (on her terms). She has commitment issues and said she was bonding with me too much and just doesn't think it can work for her even though she likes me a lot. I tried moving on, with other women etc, never spoke a word to her but it was...

Is he kind of over it or am I looking too much into in? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been dating for not too long but everything has been great. He had seemed really into me and ever insisted I meet his family and go to Thanksgiving there. However, things have gotten kind of weird since we have gotten back. He hasen't really called me, or seemed...

Me and my kind of ex [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I really don't know what to do in this situation. I started working at this store in June 2006 and the girl I'm confused about started working at the same time. Even the same training group. We became friends and about a month ago, we really got into each other. We started going to the movies...

Where to get Cichlids? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable cite to order African Cichlids? The stores in my area don't offer a very wide selection, and have recently doubled their prices. I figure, if I have to pay that much, I might as well get what I want. I've noticed several cites that will mail you...

View more questions Search