Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whiz kid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2014, 02:22 PM
    Can I do that in mediation?
    My wife is self employed as an LMHC and conceals 8-% of her cash proceed from the IRS and has been for 20 years. We are in the middle of a divorce
    And I want to threaten her with the IRS to bring her to the table and allow the divorce to go through un contested. Can I do that in mediation?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 03:06 PM
    Nope. You can not threaten someone. If you do then you could face charges. Also if you have been married to her and were filing a joint return then any exposure could lead you to owe the IRS also. You might be able to bring it out in interogacies and then have it as part of some calculation like alimony or child support but other then that you would be doing more harm then good.

Mediation is about co operation not about winning or losing. You need to remain calm and work through problems to solve them not try to bully the other party.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 06:54 PM
    No, any threats will only go bad against you, and are basically illegal. If you have proof, real proof, of her hiding income. Use it at the divorce proceedings, then report her to IRS after.

If she does not want to go to mediation, just go forward with divorce and let judge either order mediation or make rulings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going to mediation [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have been served with the summons. I was not able to do a lot of research before I answered it. So stupid me answered. Deny 1-7 because defendant has requested copys of Proof of debit. To date has never been received. Okay so have I lost my Affirmitave defences because they were not...

Sent to mediation [ 2 Answers ]

On August 5 I went to a hearing on a TRO my wife filed on me. The hearing was continued until Nov. 20. I asked about visitation to my son but the judge ordered us to mediation on Sept. 15. Will the TRO affect me at mediation and after the mediators report is made to the court how long will I...

What happens at a mediation [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly happens in mediation. My husband has as according to his parenting agreement sent his ex a letter of complaint. I know she will refuse to go to this mediation, for one reason on another. What could happen in court if the judge finds out she refused...

Mediation how to [ 2 Answers ]

I could use any info about mediation that anyone might know.

Mediation [ 2 Answers ]

My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the...

View more questions Search