Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 05:54 AM
    Visa, what type and time frame
    Most of my fellow experts, know:

I am an America, but I have lived in China for 3 years now.

I recently married a Chinese citizen.
    She owns her own home. (If that matters)

We want to travel to America, for two months, in the Summer of 2015. Most likely July and August.

My wife, has her Chinese passport and has traveled to Egypt and Singapore, but never to America.

So my question.
    What type of visa would be best to apply for.
    What is procedure.
    What time frame, or when should she apply.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Sep 24, 2014, 01:28 PM
    For short travel, a B2 visa is appropriate. However, because she is married to a U.S. citizen, there is a great chance of denial because it's too easy to abuse it to immigrate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 06:35 PM
    so, what is best recommended. That may not be denied. Lots of visa from Chinese are denied. I have my Z visa here and work permit. .
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Sep 25, 2014, 10:58 AM
    There's no easy way. She should try to apply for a B2 first and see. If she can show lots of strong ties to China, and she can convince them that she will definitely leave the U.S. and not stay there and immigrate, she has a chance.

If she can't get a B2 due to an immigrant intent, the only ways for her to get to the U.S. would be to either get a work visa like H1b (not easy), or for you to sponsor her for a green card. The green card route will definitely work, but applying for a green card is a long and expensive process, and would be a waste if she doesn't intend to immigrate and ends up abandoning it after the visit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time frame [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitation to amend a divorce decree?

Ua time frame! [ 1 Answers ]

Im 6' 3" 235lbs. If I drank 8-9 beers 9 1/2 days ago and took a UA, would it show any traces of alcohol or anything else that is related to drinking?

Can I switch from a Spouse visa to another type of visa whilst in the UK? [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone help? I am a NZ citizen who has been living in the UK for almost 8 years on different visa types (2 years working holiday, 2 years work sponsored visa, 2 years Highly Skilled Migrant Visa and now 1.5 years on a spouse visa ). I work as a doctor in specialty training with the NHS. My...

If my visit visa ti us refused do you suggest to change the type of visa [ 1 Answers ]

My visit visa b1/b2 to us refused for the second time do you think I have to apply for new kind of visa Best regards,

SS-8 time frame [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it usually take the IRS to get back to me on an SS-8?

View more questions Search